Precious Achiuwa will sign late | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa will sign late

Reaction Score
No surprise.

Five-star forward Precious Achiuwa won't sign early
Although he's not ready to make a college choice, Achiuwa, who transferred to Montverde (Fla.) Academy for his senior season, is starting to get more involved in his recruiting process.

"Obviously St. John’s and UConn, they’ve been recruiting him for a while," Cross said. "UCLA, Florida State, Kansas, Tulane and we went to Memphis and Western Kentucky."

Achiuwa visited Memphis for their Memphis Madness festivities the first weekend of October. He also took a trip to Western Kentucky earlier this month and has previously seen St. John's and Connecticut.

"He’s going to try and do two more before the school season starts," Cross said.

Reaction Score
No surprise.

Five-star forward Precious Achiuwa won't sign early
Although he's not ready to make a college choice, Achiuwa, who transferred to Montverde (Fla.) Academy for his senior season, is starting to get more involved in his recruiting process.

"Obviously St. John’s and UConn, they’ve been recruiting him for a while," Cross said. "UCLA, Florida State, Kansas, Tulane and we went to Memphis and Western Kentucky."

Achiuwa visited Memphis for their Memphis Madness festivities the first weekend of October. He also took a trip to Western Kentucky earlier this month and has previously seen St. John's and Connecticut.

"He’s going to try and do two more before the school season starts," Cross said.
This is as expected. If we can get AkAk in the fold with one of the centers I would have to think UConn offers an enticing situation. In the meantime we can watch and hope Polley and Sid develop this year.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
This will just be icing if we can upgrade our talent in the frontcourt first.
And if we do hit on 2 of our frontcourt targets, I would think UConn is a very enticing spot for him to both play alongside great talent from his class and to step in, start and be the primary option.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
The one quote from Precious over the summer that struck me was that he wants to find a place where he can "get in and get out to the NBA as quickly as possible". I think that's why were seeing some strange names on his list versus the traditional blue bloods/powers you'd expect with a top-10 kid.

Reaction Score
The one quote from Precious over the summer that struck me was that he wants to find a place where he can "get in and get out to the NBA as quickly as possible". I think that's why were seeing some strange names on his list versus the traditional blue bloods/powers you'd expect with a top-10 kid.
But isn't that exactly what KY does and Duke has become?

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
But isn't that exactly what KY does and Duke has become?

For sure, but how many other guys are those schools looking at that would cut into his minutes? For the most part, the schools he mentioned can offer some combination of two things:

1. NBA experience on the coaching staff (Memphis, St. Johns, Tulane, etc.)

2. He would be "the guy" from Day 1 (pretty much everywhere other than Memphis, if they get Wiseman. Not sure what Kansas or UCLA would potentially have coming back...that likely won't be known til late spring)

This is just going to be a wild ride that could go in any number of directions.

Reaction Score
It's a beautiful warm-weather campus in one of the most fun cities in the country. Where they will treat you like a king.
I don't know, if I was just looking to take visits and not really interested in the school there are a ton of other places I'd go before Tulane.

Reaction Score
He might be the type of kid to go the g-league route

Reaction Score
It's a beautiful warm-weather campus in one of the most fun cities in the country. Where they will treat you like a king.
It doesn't seem like the Tulane student fan bases exist so I'm not sure about the king treatment... Not to mention they play in a tiny gym

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I didn’t say go there, I said take a visit.
It doesn't seem like the Tulane student fan bases exist so I'm not sure about the king treatment... Not to mention they play in a tiny gym

Reaction Score
Don't think has not received the offer he wants, can't blame him for waiting, he has nothing to gain by "settling", if he's that good he'll probably get whatever offer he is hoping will appear, sadly he is not likely to end up with the good guys.

Reaction Score
Tulane is on the list because a long time NBA coach is there right now.

And if i'm thinking about leaving after a year and I need to take a one year working vacation before i'm off to play NBA basketball, then there's almost nothing bad about playing under a long-time NBA coach and hanging out in New Orleans this year.

People can clown Tulane all they want for their crappy teams and poor track record, but a minimum amount of effort there - and you'd have a pretty appealing place to play. New Orleans is awesome and that campus is terrific.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Can he even get in to Tulane? It's a beautiful campus in a nice part of the city. My wife went to Loyola. We were there for a reunion in September, and watched a nice Tulane football win at a local Uptown bar.

I hope we land him, but if we do get AkAk and Cofi, I'm not worried about it with Sid and Polley at the position. It would be more about making the statement that we can get those guys. Announcing to the world that UConn is back with a top 5 class.

Reaction Score
New Orleans.

Who was the last lotto pick out of Tulane???? They don't have anything going for them that others schools don't also offer. If he wants to be in a cool city it's St. Johns or UCLA.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Who was the last lotto pick out of Tulane???? They don't have anything going for them that others schools don't also offer. If he wants to be in a cool city it's St. Johns or UCLA.

St. John's is located in a blah neighborhood with no subway/train service...

Reaction Score
He's a kid, I highly doubt he has the cash to vacation in New Orleans.

These threads get so silly.

More than likely he will be making several work trips per year to New Orleans in less than 2 years. A top 10 kid considering Tulane is silly. People trying rationalize that (not you) is dumb.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom