Precious Achiuwa keeping Recruitment Open | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa keeping Recruitment Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So he's trying to amplify his offer list for ego reasons??

Reaction Score
Hope I'm wrong, but I see the highest rated recruit we get being Bouknight. Just can't turn it around so quickly. Get ready for another mediocre class. Doesn't mean things won't get better.

Reaction Score
Hope I'm wrong, but I see the highest rated recruit we get being Bouknight. Just can't turn it around so quickly. Get ready for another mediocre class. Doesn't mean things won't get better.

Valid concern, but we'll see.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I know, I just read this thread so who am I to say “silly to follow recruiting, they are teenagers being fawned over by adults who tell them they are the greatest thing since LaBron, so ignore recruiting because we get who we get, so ignore recruiting, so ignore recruiting, so igno......”. Damn, I thought this kid was a lock.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
it was a nice 3-4 months without the same posters who only came out during the season when we lost or had negative news

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I hope you're wrong too, but isn't this your MO?
Often, after I read your posts, the word "never" seems to pop out from your name.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Kids hold offers like a badge of honor. It's fun to get attention. No reason for him not to go through the process. But the unwritten signals all point to him being a heavy lean

Dunno why posters knock it either. If I was a prospect, I'd be trying to collect all the offers I could get.

I'd also take as many visits as possible; they're probably pretty fun.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Dunno why posters knock it either. If I was a prospect, I'd be trying to collect all the offers I could get.

Often times kids just want to know they're wanted. Remember Jalen Adams committed the day after he was offered by Kansas.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This could go on till November, but I wouldn't worry about it too much as I know Hurley has done the job he needs to do too secure his signature at that time. We just have to be patient, which is hard when UConn in the past couple of years of falling short on their top recruits.

Reaction Score
I don't take too seriously what any recruit says or what these recruiting analysts write. Things seem to change often.

UConn supposedly was in the lead forever with Hamidou Diallo and then he went to Kentucky.

As pointed out above, Jalen Adams wanted an offer from Kansas, got it, and then committed to UConn,

There was another recruit (can't remember who) who wanted other offers, got one from Louisville, and then committed to UConn shortly thereafter.

We'll see if this article on Achiuwa means anything.

Reaction Score
I don't take too seriously what any recruit says or what these recruiting analysts write. Things seem to change often.

UConn supposedly was in the lead forever with Hamidou Diallo and then he went to Kentucky.

As pointed out above, Jalen Adams wanted an offer from Kansas, got it, and then committed to UConn,

There was another recruit (can't remember who) who wanted other offers, got one from Louisville, and then committed to UConn shortly thereafter.

We'll see if this article on Achiuwa means anything.

Wasn’t it Cassell Jr. that got the Louisville offer and then committed to UConn?

Reaction Score

Not probably, they are fun.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Geez guys Achiuwa has had his recruitment supposedly wide open for a while now, he’s never really opened up on recruiting. The experts are the ones who know stuff, so trust them.
Here’s an article from June where he says he isn’t focusing on recruitment also:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom