Precious Achiuwa Article | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was thinking the UNC, Kansas, nova, virginia types. Basicaply everyone but UK and Duke. They are in another stratosphete
This is off topic, but Tony Bennett might be the worst recruiter of all time when you compare his class rankings vs how good his teams are. But to his credit, no matter what he has, he wins consistently. I guess nobody really wants to play at his insanely slow pace.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Who wouldn’t have that attitude if they knew in a couple years they would be multi millionares and set for life? Blame the system, not these kids. What do you expect them to say? “ I am going to stay four years because I am really interested in studying urban planning “ ( or some such thing.) These guys are not scholars, they are super talented basketball players. There is their future.

I don't blame the system. I wish I could benefit from that system.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is off topic, but Tony Bennett might be the worst recruiter of all time when you compare his class rankings vs how good his teams are. But to his credit, no matter what he has, he wins consistently. I guess nobody really wants to play at his insanely slow pace.

It's boring basketball. Kids don't only want to win; they want to develop and showcase. Given that, no, I still can't figure why kids go to Syracuse.

Reaction Score
It's boring basketball. Kids don't only want to win; they want to develop and showcase. Given that, no, I still can't figure why kids go to Syracuse.

Big arena, lots of fannies in the seats (what else is there to do in Central NY), hyped league with "name" teams" the "casual fan" recognizes, Dookie V constantly hyping Blowheim, and ESPN immortalizing him along with Krzyzewski and Williams in that special they did on "great" coaches. Most kids probably don't know much beyond the past 5 years and if he's in the same screen shot with two guys that have won a couple NC's in the past ten years the kids probably think he's their equal.

Sickening to think of how much praise he gets for one NC, a couple guys with good NBA careers and a boatload of "busts" who were highly rated and highly hyped in high school and during their time at that place with the fabric roof.
He must have made a pact with the devil................

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Yes, I am the type of guy who can come in at the last minute and take any player I want from you. You can spend your whole life recruiting a kid and at the end of the day, if I want him, I’ll get him. If we want him, we’ll get him. Don’t ever get that confused. Be appreciative every time I don’t come in and get your guy.

-Cal

You cut off the best part.

"... and when the NCAA finds out what I've been doing at UK, I'll leave just ahead of the axe, and do the same wherever I land. I'm that good."

Reaction Score
Who wouldn’t have that attitude if they knew in a couple years they would be multi millionares and set for life? Blame the system, not these kids. What do you expect them to say? “ I am going to stay four years because I am really interested in studying urban planning “ ( or some such thing.) These guys are not scholars, they are super talented basketball players. There is their future.

It's not a question of "blaming" the young man. The young man isn't saying anything that should attract blame. It is an entirely different and perfectly fair thing to ask whether the occasional one and done will help or hurt a group of young men with greater commitment to each other and the program learn how to develop, grow and win together.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It's not a question of "blaming" the young man. The young man isn't saying anything that should attract blame. It is an entirely different and perfectly fair thing to ask whether the occasional one and done will help or hurt a group of young man with greater commitment to each other and the program learn how to develop, grow and win together.
Gonna go out on a limb and say if there's anyone in the locker room pushing themselves to be great, you'd think that attitude would be infectious, unless we're recruiting unmotivated kids. Talent should only make us better.

Reaction Score
It's not a question of "blaming" the young man. The young man isn't saying anything that should attract blame. It is an entirely different and perfectly fair thing to ask whether the occasional one and done will help or hurt a group of young man with greater commitment to each other and the program learn how to develop, grow and win together.
Ok, I misunderstood. I thought that the insinuation was he should stay in school and get a diploma. Yes, I agree and have posted a few times that one and dones are not good for the team. They are, and rightly so, looking at being drafted at the end of the season.

Reaction Score
You cut off the best part.

"... and when the NCAA finds out what I've been doing at UK, I'll leave just ahead of the axe, and do the same wherever I land. I'm that good."

@temery Is this really how the quote ends or are you playing?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
His brother's recruitment was a total mess, so wouldn't be surprised if his situation is similar if not worse considering he is a considerably better player.

Reaction Score
Yikes:

Q: What is the latest with your recruitment? Have you started to focus on certain schools?

A: “My recruitment is still wide open, there’s no favorites and everybody is the same. I’m looking for a place that can take my game to the next level and it doesn’t matter where that is. I’m still wide open to whomever and it’s going to be like that for a while until me and my family decide to move forward with the process. At this point I’m ready to focus on it.”

Q: What are you looking for in a school and what is going to separate one from the rest?

A: “Everyone involved in my recruitment is being considered right now. I’m looking at every school that is on my list. Everyone is being considered and I just want to make sure people know that I’m open. I’m just going to go to the place that is going to get me better.”

Reaction Score
Yikes:

Q: What is the latest with your recruitment? Have you started to focus on certain schools?

A: “My recruitment is still wide open, there’s no favorites and everybody is the same. I’m looking for a place that can take my game to the next level and it doesn’t matter where that is. I’m still wide open to whomever and it’s going to be like that for a while until me and my family decide to move forward with the process. At this point I’m ready to focus on it.”

Q: What are you looking for in a school and what is going to separate one from the rest?

A: “Everyone involved in my recruitment is being considered right now. I’m looking at every school that is on my list. Everyone is being considered and I just want to make sure people know that I’m open. I’m just going to go to the place that is going to get me better.”

Top schools are in his ear. Top 30 kid with a high ceiling. His phone does not stop ringing. This is a long road

Reaction Score
His brother's recruitment was a total mess, so wouldn't be surprised if his situation is similar if not worse considering he is a considerably better player.
Just a "like" because we haven't seen you around in a bit. Nice to see you my man.

How are things looking for you guys now that we're 10ish weeks out?

Reaction Score
Top schools are in his ear. Top 30 kid with a high ceiling. His phone does not stop ringing. This is a long road

Does he have a mentor/parent this stuff goes through? Seems like most of the foreign kids have a coach or mentor to help them navigate this process.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yikes:

It's painful how much this kid is begging for a blue blood offer. It seems clear to me he'll feel like he's settling if he picks us or St. Johns. Losing a lot of confidence here.

C

Chief00

“It’s going to be a place that’s going to get me to the next level. A place I can go in and out as quick as possible,” he said.

SLAM Summer Classic Recruiting Roundup: James Wiseman, R.J. Hampton, Jalen Green, Cassius Stanley, Precious Achiuwa | Zagsblog

While I completely understand that, almost all 5 star recruits think like this, I don't think it's a good attitude to have going to college.

LOL - It’s that he articulated that attitude. That’s the life with many 5 stars.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It's painful how much this kid is begging for a blue blood offer. It seems clear to me he'll feel like he's settling if he picks us or St. Johns. Losing a lot of confidence here.

lol

Reaction Score
Hopefully the Kimani connection pays off. We watched a lot of New Heights games to come up completely empty. Also, we were on him relatively early, hoping that puts us over the edge too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom