Precious Achiuwa Article | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The article exactly expressed my feelings about his recruitment, that it represents a significant building block for numerous reasons, rather than strictly on court. It just seems to me that Achiuwa is destined to be a spring decision, and, to my dismay, I get that feeling with Cockburn as well. Tom Moore indicated they wanted to sign 4 players in the fall. I can see Bouknight, Gaffney, and Akok making fall decisions and I have my hopes up for us. If Achiuwa was drawn to us because it intrigued him to be part of re-establishing success, it would just seem to me that he would want to positively impact our success with the fall recruits by anchoring the class early and assuring he was going to play with other top talent. If he decides in the spring I sense our odds are lower.

Reaction Score
The article exactly expressed my feelings about his recruitment, that it represents a significant building block for numerous reasons, rather than strictly on court. It just seems to me that Achiuwa is destined to be a spring decision, and, to my dismay, I get that feeling with Cockburn as well. Tom Moore indicated they wanted to sign 4 players in the fall. I can see Bouknight, Gaffney, and Akok making fall decisions and I have my hopes up for us. If Achiuwa was drawn to us because it intrigued him to be part of re-establishing success, it would just seem to me that he would want to positively impact our success with the fall recruits by anchoring the class early and assuring he was going to play with other top talent. If he decides in the spring I sense our odds are lower.
100% my thoughts mostly on the later of your statement. I'm kinda feeling like he likes Hurley and respects Uconn. But may be hoping for other options and that we are only a favorite for now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The article exactly expressed my feelings about his recruitment, that it represents a significant building block for numerous reasons, rather than strictly on court. It just seems to me that Achiuwa is destined to be a spring decision, and, to my dismay, I get that feeling with Cockburn as well.

The best players often wait so they can collect those offers. Is what it is.

Reaction Score
100% my thoughts mostly on the later of your statement. I'm kinda feeling like he likes Hurley and respects Uconn. But may be hoping for other options and that we are only a favorite for now.

I don't get how this kid doesn't have offers from everyone. The only blue blood to offer him is KU, who for sure scares me the most currently. I know UK and Duke like to string kids along and especially Duke views offering a kid as a special gift but there is a 100% chance UK will offer this kid in the Spring when they have 2 kids unexpectedly leave early to go undrafted.

Reaction Score
I don't get how this kid doesn't have offers from everyone. The only blue blood to offer him is KU, who for sure scares me the most currently. I know UK and Duke like to string kids along and especially Duke views offering a kid as a special gift but there is a 100% chance UK will offer this kid in the Spring when they have 2 kids unexpectedly leave early to go undrafted.

Actions speak louder than words. Schools arent watching or offering him that normally would for a top 15 player.

He either sucks, or they know its a waste of time because he is leaning to another school.

Reaction Score
Actions speak louder than words. Schools arent watching or offering him that normally would for a top 15 player.

He either sucks, or they know its a waste of time because he is leaning to another school.

I don't think a school with as much clout as UK is going to stand down because they hear a kid is a lean elsewhere. Especially one who likely decides in the Spring. See: Hamidou.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I don't think a school with as much clout as UK is going to stand down because they hear a kid is a lean elsewhere. Especially one who likely decides in the Spring. See: Hamidou.

Yes, I am the type of guy who can come in at the last minute and take any player I want from you. You can spend your whole life recruiting a kid and at the end of the day, if I want him, I’ll get him. If we want him, we’ll get him. Don’t ever get that confused. Be appreciative every time I don’t come in and get your guy.

-Cal

intlzncster

Reaction Score

You're not wrong necessarily, but it could be that some of the decent schools feel he's 'too good' and the stud schools have option A to look at first, before they scoop up their option Bs (everyone else's A).

Reaction Score
Yes, I am the type of guy who can come in at the last minute and take any player I want from you. You can spend your whole life recruiting a kid and at the end of the day, if I want him, I’ll get him. If we want him, we’ll get him. Don’t ever get that confused. Be appreciative every time I don’t come in and get your guy.

-Cal

This is the most nauseating post I have every liked. It is certainly plausible that he wants to go to UConn or SJU but wants to wait for the season to progress to make sure we aren't dumpster fires again but if he doesn't sign by the early date I have a strong uninformed gut feelinh he is waiting for a bigger offer, which he will inevitably get.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This is the most nauseating post I have every liked. It is certainly plausible that he wants to go to UConn or SJU but wants to wait for the season to progress to make sure we aren't dumpster fires again but if he doesn't sign by the early date I have a strong uninformed gut feelinh he is waiting for a bigger offer, which he will inevitably get.

I wish I actually made that quote up haha

Reaction Score

-Cal
What a blow hole.

Reaction Score
You're not wrong necessarily, but it could be that some of the decent schools feel he's 'too good' and the stud schools have option A to look at first, before they scoop up their option Bs (everyone else's A).

I was thinking the UNC, Kansas, nova, virginia types. Basicaply everyone but UK and Duke. They are in another stratosphete

Reaction Score
"The Bronx’s Precious Achiuwa — a 2019 forward who announced his transfer to Montverde (FL) Academy — wasn’t as ready to talk about specific schools as other players were, shaking off questions about his list and saying he doesn’t have any visits on the horizon. He did, however, share that his priority when he does get to college will be to get ready for the NBA:

“It’s going to be a place that’s going to get me to the next level. A place I can go in and out as quick as possible,” he said. “A place that I feel comfortable playing with the players there and the coaching staff. A place I’m really comfortable at.”

In the meantime, Achiuwa says he plans to stay in the gym, fine-tuning his skillset and perfecting a game that has already made him a five-star prospect." - per Russ Steinberg's article on ZAGSblog

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Is that what Hurley is looking for? Pass.

Although he'd be a great get and send a message that the Huskies are relevant again, I'm beginning to agree with you.

When you fully consider what he said, he seems to be saying he will go where there is a recent track record by the coach in place, not take a chance on an up and coming coach with great family history.

Like Diallo and Gabriel, he's waiting for the "big" offer and we probably aren't big enough..........yet.

Reaction Score
This is the best way I've heard it out so far.

Anyone who DOESNT want to recruit this kid is delusional or really doesn't get how basketball works. I'd like to see their reactions when he commits.
Theyre going to be ecstatic

Reaction Score
Who wouldn’t have that attitude if they knew in a couple years they would be multi millionares and set for life? Blame the system, not these kids. What do you expect them to say? “ I am going to stay four years because I am really interested in studying urban planning “ ( or some such thing.) These guys are not scholars, they are super talented basketball players. There is their future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom