Preacher on AMC | The Boneyard

Preacher on AMC

Reaction Score
Just watched the pilot, GREAT first episode. Another comic book adaptation, and done well (at least the 1st episode was). It bounces around a bit to set the story, but is really well done. A few really good fight scenes, good introduction to some of the main characters. Definitely worth the watch. Only 4 episodes out so far, so if you're looking for a binge watch you might want to wait.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just watched the pilot, GREAT first episode. Another comic book adaptation, and done well (at least the 1st episode was). It bounces around a bit to set the story, but is really well done. A few really good fight scenes, good introduction to some of the main characters. Definitely worth the watch. Only 4 episodes out so far, so if you're looking for a binge watch you might want to wait.

Have you read the comics? I have not, and was not sure what the hell was going on in the first episode. I can see that it is well done, from a setting, cinematography, ambiance, and even acting standpoint. But it is hard to get into. I'm about 1.5 episodes in for reference.

Reaction Score
Have you read the comics? I have not, and was not sure what the hell was going on in the first episode. I can see that it is well done, from a setting, cinematography, ambiance, and even acting standpoint. But it is hard to get into. I'm about 1.5 episodes in for reference.
No, I never read the comic book, and never heard of it before yesterday. My wife suggested it and we really liked the pilot. It was a little all over the place. but when it got to the point... it really got to the point. Loved the introduction of Cassidy, the Irish guy, and how the preacher handled his situation towards the end of the episode. Based on the scenes and previews, there looks like some more introduction of key characters is coming. It gets good reviews overall, and (take it for what it is worth) a pretty high IMDB rating. Apparently this is the 4th or 5th time they've tried to adapt this comic into a series or movie, with no luck in the past. Was surprised to see that Seth Rogan is one of the writers of series (not the comic). Hoping to like the upcoming episodes as much as I did the first.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My wife and I are in. Without knowing the comic and seeing how things are playing out of course we're wondering this is all going. I guess Jesse and his crew might go crazy in the end doing crime? Or Jesse fights off the posse and works his power through the congregation. Episode 4 ends with the appearance of Jesse (the Preacher) ridding this evil land grabber of his dark ways. We'll see.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I have no idea. God turned out to be Jim Ignatowski. Now the Three Amigos have set out to find God themselves. Hopefully they find the God of Meat along the way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom