Pre-season polls. (CBS) | The Boneyard

Pre-season polls. (CBS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Im kinda content with Uconn not being a unanimous #1 across the board. Even though i think they probably have the best team, a number one ranking would put too much pressure on them too early.

Reaction Score
Good im glad were not number 1 I wanna see this team remain hungry.

Reaction Score
#3, or #2, or #1, Connecticut is going to be circled on a lot of schedules. Opposing fans will camp out for the Connecticut game, expectations amongst fans (and all of us) will be incredibly high. None of that changes, really.

Reaction Score
Very sad...number 1 and national title would be a big cross to carry

BE has 4 teams in the top ten. I'm going to miss this conference.

Reaction Score
Were'nt we ranked 44 in the last preseason poll?

Reaction Score
BE looks loaded again. I'm starting to think that the BE championship won't be that easy. AD surely will be ready after one year as opposed to another year of prep. Good decision by him.

Bazz has his work cut out for him (again), I believe he will deliver.

Reaction Score
If given the choice, I'd take Drummond as he's almost been part of the family for years... But Anthony Davis looks freakishly good as well... Having 2 guys like that come into college in the same year is something

Thankfully it is very unlikely Cal learned how to coach in the last 6 months so we should be fine

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Cincinnati

Top returnees: Yancy Gates, Dion Dixon, Sean Kilpatrick, Cashmere Wright.

Top newcomer: Jermaine Sanders.

Outlook: Mick Cronin loses a couple starters from last year's NCAA tournament team, but he brings back his top four scorers: Gates, Dixon, Kilpatrick and Wright. The Bearcats also add a couple of talented freshman in Sanders, so expectations are high.

Just how fat is this kid?

Reaction Score
Cincinnati

Top returnees: Yancy Gates, Dion Dixon, Sean Kilpatrick, Cashmere Wright.

Top newcomer: Jermaine Sanders.

Outlook: Mick Cronin loses a couple starters from last year's NCAA tournament team, but he brings back his top four scorers: Gates, Dixon, Kilpatrick and Wright. The Bearcats also add a couple of talented freshman in Sanders, so expectations are high.

Just how fat is this kid?

haha, he's frickin' UUUUGGGEEEE!!

Reaction Score
uc should be #2 and uk #3 with unc #1. other than that i dont have any issue with the poll. after all its just a poll. championships are won in april on the court not on a computer in oct.

Reaction Score
BE looks loaded again. I'm starting to think that the BE championship won't be that easy. AD surely will be ready after one year as opposed to another year of prep. Good decision by him.

Bazz has his work cut out for him (again), I believe he will deliver.
BE championships are never easy no matter how good your team is. Winning the BE tourney is like surviving a rock fight; nobody gets through it without getting bloody.

Reaction Score
I was of the opinion that the #1 from the preceding year would always be in the top position the following year until proven otherwise. It's a privilege or honor that goes along with a previous #1 season ending.

Guess not at CBS.

Reaction Score
I was of the opinion that the #1 from the preceding year would always be in the top position the following year until proven otherwise. It's a privilege or honor that goes along with a previous #1 season ending.

Guess not at CBS.

Its never been like that anywhere, AP, coaches poll, etc, did you just start following college ball?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
looks like Cuse will fit in nicely in the ACC

they start off every year overrated

:)

Reaction Score
looks like Cuse will fit in nicely in the ACC

they start off every year overrated

:)

i agree. something about syracuse this year just screams disappointment. i know they got some big time recruits coming in and some vets returning but i dont see them staying top 5 all season.

Reaction Score
UConn began last season at #44 and Louisville was a fat #56, lol. I love both teams this year. Opening night was awesome last night down here.

Reaction Score
I'm really excited for UConn basketball this year. It's going to be great I think.

I do have to say though the buzz around Cincy for it's team this year is huge. I think fans are expecting Yancy Gates to finally play to his full potential. I saw it last year when he played against Georgetown (I think it was that game at least...). The kid could be amazing. But either way to put it, I'm going to have a lot of fun come basketball season. I'm just sad UConn isn't making the trip to Cincy this year so I could wear my UConn jersey and get dirty looks all game :D

Reaction Score
UConn began last season at #44 and Louisville was a fat #56, lol. I love both teams this year. Opening night was awesome last night down here.
Glad you found us! Should be an entertaining year for both our teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom