Pre-Game Reservations | The Boneyard

Pre-Game Reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
I waited too long. I called both City Steam and Black Eyed Sally's to get a reservation for tonight and both are completely booked. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go. I've been to Woody's but I'm not really in the mood for a hot dog. Thanks in advance!

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
You could go to Sorella and get an excellent Pre-game pizza.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Is that on the pizza thread? I was thinking McKinnon's but I am open to suggestions. I'll check out the menu.

Reaction Score
Salute?
Garlic cheese bread
latest

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Walk a few blocks over to Infinity Hall on Front Street. They will take reservations but will also likely have ample seating at the bar. Good happy hour food deals, good regular menu and usually Sip of Sunshine and a few other decent beers on tap. Not a bad walk at all, and worth it to get away from the more crowded places closer to the XL.

ETA: $1 oysters for Happy Hour on Thursdays also. I was there before the Bruce show at the XL last Wednesday and I asked the bartender about the Thursday oyster deal and he said that, in addition to the expected Blue Points, they also usually have one or more from Martha's Vineyard, Rhode Island and/or the Maritimes.

Last edited:

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
I think I'm going to try to call Infinity Hall in a few minutes. Definitely looking for a good beer selection. Sip of Sunshine pretty much sold me. I'll have to try out the others at some point. I don't go out in Hartford very often so I appreciate the input. I'll be wearing my Lincoln High Shuttlesworth jersey tonight so if you see me give me a shout.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think I'm going to try to call Infinity Hall in a few minutes. Definitely looking for a good beer selection. Sip of Sunshine pretty much sold me. I'll have to try out the others at some point. I don't go out in Hartford very often so I appreciate the input. I'll be wearing my Lincoln High Shuttlesworth jersey tonight so if you see me give me a shout.
I can't get up there for the game tonight, but I look forward to your report if you hit Infinity. The SoS is not on happy hour pricing, but it's $7 a pint, which is a pretty fair regular price imo. IIRC they had Two Roads Lil' Heaven for the happy hour price of $4 a pint, which is a dollar less than their regular price of $5 for that. I went with the Sip because it's better, and because I knew I'd be drinking Lil' Heaven at the XL, so I wanted to mix it up.

Reaction Score
There's also Ted's Montana Grill and Bears Smokehouse (BBQ) across from the Conference Center. I believe Ted's takes reservations, but I don't think Bear's does nor do I know their hours. Both are a half dozen blocks away from XL, but I imagine the further you go from XL the more likely you'll get in.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Sorry I am late with the response. It probably isn't that important at this point but I thought I would throw out my opinion anyways. We ended up going to Infinity Hall. It had its positives and negatives. We got there during happy hour which was nice; dollar oysters, cheap apps and half off select drinks. However, they did not end up having SoS on tap, which, in retrospect should have been expected because places generally only have that for a short period of time.

Thoughts on the Game: Unbelievable atmosphere. I haven't been to an XL game with that many people it in a long time. It was loud and there was great support. We are going to need big performances after that Cincy loss. That was rough and we looked bad. This team is so inconsistent. I just don't see the energy game in and game out. Our transition defense is pitiful, it has been all season. We have people jogging back after a turnover which to me shows a lack of heart...also noticed its rarely Purvis or Omar jogging back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom