Praise for the Huskies from Seth Greenberg | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Praise for the Huskies from Seth Greenberg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Higher praise. Mike Golic basically saying like a broken record

" I am not making a bet with Rebecca Lobo" :D:D:D

That's because he's NEVER won a bet with Rebecca. She owns him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
At one point, last night, I ignored everyone except Lou. Watching her in constant motion before finally getting an open look, shot, and successful 3 was fascinating. Her defender had to be thinking: “Will you please STAND STILL”! Conditioning on this team is the
best I’ve ever seen.

You touched on something a lot of non UConn fans don't see or understand. Many of them think UConn wins because "They get all the best players", instead of it's the system Geno uses (teaches). A lot of teams stand around in one place on offense while the point guard dribbles for 10-15 seconds before they run a play. UConn is constant motion. Everyone is moving. Somebody on defense gets lazy, and doesn't stay with their man leaving them wide open for an uncontested shot behind the arc, or a bunny under the basket. That's the way he runs his practices, so that come game time, they're use to running and moving constantly. Every 3 pointer that Crystal took Monday night was w-i-d-e open. Many of the shots that Kia and Lou took were also wide open.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
John Havlicek, Ray Allen, Richard Hamilton, and Katie Lou Samuelson. All run and run and run.
Hamilton was non stop.

Almost year after year Geno has his team playing great team ball at both ends. Some of his teams really stand out in ball movement. This year for sure and one of the Shea/Svet teams looked like the old Celtics

Was watching the SC game with friends who don’t watch much and told them that they should look at the score of the last game of UConn's next opponent, in this case ND. Generally you’ll see UConn scoring more than the loser (Oregon in this case) and the winner scoring less against UConn.

The odd game when UConn loses usually comes when they get defended pretty well and shooting is also off a little. Any of the other 3 teams left have enough of the right ingredients to give us a game. Good coaching, good to great guards and good to very good inside presence.All have faced UConn this year or end of last, which takes away somr of our usual edge I just think win or lose we are so lucky as fans that we so often get to see our team play into the last possible weekend of the season win or lose.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
There are times when the Huskies are doing their "five passes-layup" routine when I am reminded of nothing so much as the hey-day of the Globetrotters. Every one of the five knows exactly what she is going to do with the ball before it touches her hands, and does it without a micro-second's hesitation. It is truly performance art at its finest!

Reaction Score
I also watched Lou last night, during the game SC tried three different defenders on her. I think they had to because they were getting tired running all over the court trying to contain her. I think that she does more work on the court trying to get open then anyone else and when she does, half the time she will throw the ball to a teammate that has the better shot.

A friend said to me after the last game that Lou didnt play all that well. WHat he and many others missed is that all that running makes many passes/plays for teammates possible. None of which turns up on a stat sheet but all of which makes a huge difference!!

Reaction Score
Higher praise. Mike Golic basically saying like a broken record

" I am not making a bet with Rebecca Lobo" :D:D:D
They were running out of funny ways to get him. He always takes it well.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
There are times when the Huskies are doing their "five passes-layup" routine when I am reminded of nothing so much as the hey-day of the Globetrotters. Every one of the five knows exactly what she is going to do with the ball before it touches her hands, and does it without a micro-second's hesitation. It is truly performance art at its finest!
Especially when they weave from the top of the key. Just like the 'Trotters.

Reaction Score
The reason UCONN is so tough to prepare for is that the coaching staff doesn't teach PLAYS, they teach BASKETBALL!
ND tries to run that motion offense without plays, but they don't run it as well as UCONN, that's why UCONN consistently beats ND!
The rest of the teams run plays and you can spot tendencies and prepare for what is coming at certain times of the game! UCONN players don't know whats coming up for them because they read & react to what the defense gives them.
Teams like NoCar, Duke, MD, are so predictable that is why UCONN has beaten them so badly over the years! UCONN knows what they'll do before they do it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom