Practice Tonight | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Practice Tonight

Reaction Score
Castle looks incredible going towards the rim. Ceiling will be determined by his shot.

Newton looks ready to leap into stardom based on these last 2 open scrimmages.

The freshmen are all impressive athletically, big potential. Thought Singare looked farther along than the St Joes version.

Spencer is automatic when open, but got beat a few times on D.

Quiet night for Samson, but he’s embracing being a big, which I like.

Quiet night for Alex, but he’s automatic when open too. Probably awkward playing right after your wisdom teeth get pulled. I’m sure we’ll see more new developments in his game once the season starts.

Hurley is a funny guy.

Wouldn't worry about Alex. You could see him defering most of the night to yoinger guys, especially Castle. That won't happen come game time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Who is sitting if he's playing? I'm curious who you thonk our 8-9 are in a close game.

I would say it's less important he is in the rotation right now than it is he can contribute when we have those 3-4 games where injuries and foul trouble make the bench real short.

Reaction Score
I like him over Diarra

You're comparing a 1 and a 3/4. You didn't answer though. Who are your 9? I suspect his best shot at time will be backing up Karaban because we really don't have one if Johnson is playing like a pure big.

Newton
Cam
Castle
Karaban
Clingan

Stewart
And? I assume Johnson and Ball.

So you'd sit Ross, Singare, Diarra, and the Greek?

Reaction Score
You're comparing a 1 and a 3/4. You didn't answer though. Who are your 9? I suspect his best shot at time will be backing up Karaban because we really don't have one if Johnson is playing like a pure big.

Newton
Cam
Castle
Karaban
Clingan

Stewart
And? I assume Johnson and Ball.
Ball,Newton, Spencer, and Castle can handle the ball handling duties. There’s room for Stewart if Diarra falls out of the rotation. His talent is going to make it hard to keep him on the bench

Reaction Score
Ball,Newton, Spencer, and Castle can handle the ball handling duties. There’s room for Stewart if Diarra falls out of the rotation. His talent is going to make it hard to keep him on the bench

Ball as the only guard off the bench could get ugly. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Ross looked ( and has looked) much more prepared than Stewart to me.

Reaction Score
Ball as the only guard off the bench could get ugly. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Ross looked ( and has looked) much more prepared than Stewart to me.
Stagger Newton and Castle.

And we don’t have to choose between the 2 :)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Stagger Newton and Castle.

Didn’t see the scrimmage yet, but yeah there’s 3 ball handlers in the lineup already. We can afford if Ball is the only ball handler off the bench.

4 guys off the bench could definitely be Ball, Ross, Stew, Samson if Hurley decides to go that deep.

Reaction Score

Maybe, maybe not. But there's only so many minutes available and Castle and Karaban are probably soaking up 30mpg at the big wing spots. Johnson practiced a bit as a 4 too.

Reaction Score
Maybe, maybe not. But there's only so many minutes available and Castle and Karaban are probably soaking up 30mpg at the big wing spots. Johnson practiced a bit as a 4 too.
We’d do ourselves a disservice not running Castle significant minutes as the primary ball handler

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That’s not clear at all. We haven’t played a game. Calcaterra was clearly out of the rotation last October as well
The only guy in that 9 that remotely has a chance of being played out of the rotation is Diarra. Hurley recently mentioned Ross earned his way into the rotation, so he’s a lock. Samson is the backup center, and Ball is too talented not to play. There’s just not a ton of room to squeeze Stew in, unless he’s beats out Diarra.

Reaction Score
The only guy in that 9 that remotely has a chance of being played out of the rotation is Diarra. Hurley recently mentioned Ross earned his way into the rotation, so he’s a lock. Samson is the backup center, and Ball is too talented not to play. There’s just not a ton of room to squeeze Stew in, unless he’s beats out Diarra.
We have zero idea of knowing how the rotation will play out . Guys under perform, guys get injured, and guys come on late. Again all of you would’ve said the same of Calcaterra last off season and he scored 12 in a final 4 game.

Diarra was out of the rotation come final 4 play. Stewart has the talent and ability to beat him out. Btw i love what Diarra brings to the team

Reaction Score
We’d do ourselves a disservice not running Castle significant minutes as the primary ball handler

He will be the primary ballhandler every second he's on the court without Newton. That much is obvious.

Like I said, agree to disagree. I'll be happy to eat crow if I'm wrong.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We have zero idea of knowing how the rotation will play out . Guys under perform, guys get injured, and guys come on late. Again all of you would’ve said the same of Calcaterra last off season and he scored 12 in a final 4 game.

Diarra was out of the rotation come final 4 play. Stewart has the talent and ability to beat him out. Btw i love what Diarra brings to the team
Yeah but we’re projecting with the information we have. And that information suggests 9 guys have separated themselves so far.

Like I said, I’m with you on Stew, he looks really talented. Won’t be surprised at all if he plays his way onto the court. But my personal opinion of his talent level isn’t swaying my projection.

Reaction Score
Newton/Castle/Spencer/Karaban/Clingan

Diarra
Ball
Johnson
Ross

Seems like the clear top 9 imo.

This is correct. Think Hurley said something along the lines of Stewart starting to put it together and him being the 10th man right now. So it’ll be Diarra, Ball, Ross, and Johnson off the bench.

Reaction Score
The only guy in that 9 that remotely has a chance of being played out of the rotation is Diarra. Hurley recently mentioned Ross earned his way into the rotation, so he’s a lock.
In either that or a similar quote he said of Ross "unless he plays himself out of it."

I would not ascribe that to a "lock".

But as of this point and by all comments, he's ahead of Stewart.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom