Practice today was open to the media. Tons of good quotes. | The Boneyard

Practice today was open to the media. Tons of good quotes.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
As I mentioned earlier this was not at practice this was like a virtual presser the seniors are doing with the press after practice

Reaction Score
“This is a team where everybody is together and everybody is on the same page,” Whaley said. “You don’t have people going against what the coach is saying and stuff. Coach Hurley, as soon as he came in, his main thing was working on the culture. We have a strong culture now where we hold each other accountable.

“... We didn’t have that back in the early years where if somebody took like four messed up shots in a row, nobody would hold them accountable. Nobody would say anything. Now we’ve got a team where we’re all close and call each other out.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
“... We didn’t have that back in the early years where if somebody took like four messed up shots in a row, nobody would hold them accountable. Nobody would say anything.

Obvious to anyone who watched this team in recent years before DH arrived. Yet another indictment of KO.

Reaction Score
It will be nice after this year to no longer have direct ties to the KO era. I mean this in a nice way...

it’s a dark cloud that keeps coming up, people, beat writers, etc love to attach emotions and opinions to it, and it does no good for anyone.

#thinjosh

Reaction Score
It will be nice after this year to no longer have direct ties to the KO era. I mean this in a nice way...

it’s a dark cloud that keeps coming up, people, beat writers, etc love to attach emotions and opinions to it, and it does no good for anyone.

#thinjosh

you forgot to add players

Reaction Score
you forgot to add players
I actually omitted them on purpose. You think the players still dwell about the KO era? Hell no. The players get dragged into the politics of it all because the university has 10MM on the line and it is/was a big story. The players made the best decision for themselves during and after the KO era...clearly it has worked out well, otherwise they would have moved on...as we all should.

Reaction Score
I actually omitted them on purpose. You think the players still dwell about the KO era? Hell no. The players get dragged into the politics of it all because the university has 10MM on the line and it is/was a big story. The players made the best decision for themselves during and after the KO era...clearly it has worked out well, otherwise they would have moved on...as we all should.
Did you read the quote from Whaley in the article I posted from the New London Day above? That was an obvious shot at Ollie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom