Practice is not the be all end all. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Practice is not the be all end all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At a UCONN road game a few years ago I was fortunate to have a conversation with a former college QB who spent time in Denver's training camp in the 90's. One of the drafted QB's (from an SEC team) was notorious for failing the QB coach's quizzes every week so bad that he became a laughing stock. Nobody cared how big and fast he was or how hard he could throw the ball. If he didn't know how to read a defense, what adjustments to make, and where to deliver the ball ... he was essentially worthless.

Reaction Score
Pal - It all depends on what you think practice is for.

If you think practice means working on your catching skills on the week leading up to the Super Bowl, then you may be right.

If you think practice means making the proper reads, recognizing the formations, adjustments, and disguises, then executing, then you are wrong.

Watch Brady's 99 yard TD pass to Welker ... but this time, focus on the 10 things that Brady does before he throws the ball. That's what practice is for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgNfs-dH_Yg&feature=related

What on earth are you talking about? Your post sets up a bunch of random criteria that are specious.

There are some players that are great in practice and not so great in games. There are other players that shine when he lights come on. Some players have a bad week of practice and play well. Some have a great week of pratice and have a tough game. It's human being not robots. There are always exceptions.

Reaction Score
What on earth are you talking about? Your post sets up a bunch of random criteria that are specious.

There are some players that are great in practice and not so great in games. There are other players that shine when he lights come on. Some players have a bad week of practice and play well. Some have a great week of pratice and have a tough game. It's human being not robots. There are always exceptions.
But somehow you apparently know that Nebrich is one of those who practices poorly but plays well...and you know this based on exactly what?

Reaction Score
But somehow you apparently know that Nebrich is one of those who practices poorly but plays well...and you know this based on exactly what?

NO, I never said or even implied that. All I've implied is that even with a couple of bad practices, Nebrich might -MIGHT- have performed better than Mac. And we both saw that Mac didn't set the bar very high.

You make these ridiculous statements and try to make me responsible for them. I'm not.

Reaction Score
Through two games P's handling of Nebrich has been very dissapointing. He has not given him a fair chance to show what he can do because he has not allowed him to play in more than two consecutive series that were not iterupted by appearances by McCummings. QB's take time to find a rythym.

Coach P has also bragged about how they were going to tailor the offense to fit each players skills, but have we seen one play where Nebrich rolled out of the pocket by design? Any designed runs for Nebrich?

We had one designed QB roll out last week (the two point conversion) and it was the best offensive play of the day. The coaches need to step up their game.

Reaction Score
Completely agree. Some people are just gamers. Give the kid a shot.
If I was coach I would hold back MN as long as possible. They feel tha JM gives us the best shot to win in the short run. Maybe a horrible game that can be corrected. . Nebrich looks at game film and keeps taking snaps with the 1's. If it does not improve with JM over the next 2 or 3 games then turn it over to MN and he keeps it for the remainder of the year.

Reaction Score

"Before Super Bowl 42. David Tyree had one of his worst practices of the season, he was dropping everything."

If you're dropping everything in practice the week of the Super Bowl nobody cares because you're not practing to learn how to catch the ball.

Reaction Score
"Before Super Bowl 42. David Tyree had one of his worst practices of the season, he was dropping everything."

If you're dropping everything in practice the week of the Super Bowl nobody cares because you're not practing to learn how to catch the ball.

cant the exact be said for throwing it ??? if your a QB at a D1 school, the odds are pretty good that you can throw a football

Reaction Score
Johnny Mac should start and I bet he'll be a lot more poised and productive. DJ will be in the lineup and just like at Servite High, will be a big help to JMac. He is very good at catching the ball out of the backfield (unlike McCombs to date) and can block. I see us winning big tomorrow night against a weak ISU defense. UConn 35-17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom