Practical Solution to the American Conference problem | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Practical Solution to the American Conference problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
By rule, big time programs don't play three OOC games or more a year where they don't control the gate. So playing a bunch of marquee non conference games is nice, but we need some home games.

Unfortunate, this won't work. When you have so many cupcakes inside the league, you can't play as many outside the league or season ticket sales will suffer.

Reaction Score
The AAC needs to get a representative on the selection committee. I don't know who picks the reps, but the AAC has to make as much noise as needed until it's done.
I totally agree.. With ACC Wake Forest Director of Athletics Ron Wellman as the selection committee chair, it makes me think long and hard if some type of conspiracy against AAC. Besides the poor seedings, what about NC State getting chosen over SMU.

Just irks me is all I can say

Reaction Score
And while its all fine and dandy to complain about the non-league schedules of other conference members, the problem for many of them is that they aren't going to win 22 or 25 games playing Florida, North Carolina, Michigan and whoever out of conference. To a degree its a question of balance for a program like SMU. Do you play a schedule where you can put up pretty good numbers and take a chance that you'll get over the hurdle or do you play a non-conference schedule where you lose a bunch of games and hope you have enough power in the RPI to make the Dance. UConn's situation is a little different. Our schedule was pretty solid. Given how RPI actually works, maybe we could replace Eastern Washington with some other mid-level A-10 team or something. Even if those teams are equally crumby, they are considered better because they play better teams. They help our RPI therefore. RPI is a really silly pseudo-scientific system as it is. In all seriousness, how can you lower a team's ranking because they win a game by 61 over a team that happens to be on their schedule due to its place in the conference standings? That happened to Louisville. It happened to us with BC, a team from a legitimate league.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
screw the NBE- no Seton Hall no Nova no PC - we are only helping them
I say we look at A-10 matchups except UMASS
Maybe look at SEC challenges

Reaction Score
Love the SEC idea, maybe we get our football as good as say Mississippi State and they eventually let us in, ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom