Poythress to Squidville | The Boneyard

Poythress to Squidville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't understand this at all. He might be stuck behind Kidd-Gilchrist if the NBA goes to 2-and-done. Why not wait until the late period?

Reaction Score
Is he a 3, 4, or a tweener? If he leans more on the 4 side that would help us with Bennet.

Reaction Score
I don't understand this at all. He might be stuck behind Kidd-Gilchrist if the NBA goes to 2-and-done. Why not wait until the late period?
He's a tweener 3/4, so even if Gilchrist stays, Terrance Jones and Anthony Davis certainly won't. If they change to a 2 and done rule, I think they'd have to grandfather in the kids already in college.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
when does the apr catch up with the squid?
It's something like this - If a school (Say UK) allows a basketball player to not take any second semester courses and they finish up the first semester ok, apparently that is ok to the NCAA and when they leave as a one and done it doesn't hurt even though they only took one semesters coursework. When a player leaves having started the second semester coursework (ie is a student athlete) and then transfers or leaves and says duck it and either doesn't finish a course or gets an I, then the school has a responsibility to report that and it hurts your APR. UConn plays by the rules in that regard and self reports things which hurt the APR - it it the responsibility of the school to SELF REPORT (hahaha, UK is a paragon of academics it seems!). A school (say UK) can game the system if they want.

Reaction Score
He's a tweener 3/4, so even if Gilchrist stays, Terrance Jones and Anthony Davis certainly won't. If they change to a 2 and done rule, I think they'd have to grandfather in the kids already in college.
Why do you say that? I don't think the NBA will or has to grandfather anything. If they decide it is in their best interest to make these kids stay for two years of college, they're going to implement it right away. I guess I can see a few franchises who figure they'll be picking at the top of the draft want to delay it a year so that the pool of talent this summer will be high, but I think they'll implement it right away.

IMO, it's not like the changing of this rule would have impacted the decision of those who decided to go to college this fall. Maybe I'm missing something that you could persuade me to think otherwise.

Reaction Score
They don't have to grandfather anyone by any means, but that doesn't mean that they won't.

Reaction Score
The good news is with this commitment it should definitely take UK out of the race for Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom