Reaction Score
Just saw it on CBS

ACC
SEC
B1G
Big 12
PAC 12
Big East!

That was brutal considering we got 4 teams in and the PAC 12 got 3 lol.

That makes the case for going back to the Big East even clearer.

Reaction Score
We definitely aren't getting a TV deal with CBS obviously

Reaction Score
Big East because won last 2 titles & the history.................but still BS.

It's CBS & ESPN choice not to include the American at this point in "P7" and to call it P6. It's not football where the Power 5 actually has meaning.

Next year if we get 4 or 5 teams again it will be hard to justify excluding from "Power".

Reaction Score
Of course St. John’s sneaks in BS. Also AAC has more bids than PAC-12 and tied with BigEast.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We are in a conference with prototypical mid-majors, Houston, Cincinnati, Tulsa, Wichita St, plus a collection of flotsam and directional schools.

The only traditional power program has missed the tournament the past 3 years and hasn't had a winning season since 2017.

Anyone bashing the FB program over this needs to tell me when Holy Cross or the San Francisco Dons will be relevant again. If/when we start dominating in meaningful games again, it will change.

Reaction Score
P6? They’re not the Big East anymore, they’re Nova and a cluster of non-FB schools who are decent at best.
It's a power conference in basketball.

Reaction Score
A few things

While I do think the Big East is firmly a Power Conference in the basketball landscape... I also believe there is no justification THIS year to not consider the American Athletic as one of the top six conferences. The AAC is better this year than the PAC12. The RPI rankings and average NET rankings both show that the AAC is better than the PAC-12 THIS year at least.

I guess it gets more muddy if you do a five year average: This was a down year for the Big East (the teams cannibalized each other) and a better than average year for the American. While the Big East has been top 3 league for most of the past 5 years, the American has more often been in the 5-7 spots. I still think that the American is a Power Conference. They need to expand that label and make it P7

Reaction Score
The American got 4 teams in this year and this was also considered a down year for them. Especially when you consider no UConn, Memphis or Witchia State.
Can't really call it a down year when UConn hasn't made it in 3 years and Memphis hasn't made it in 5 years I think.

Reaction Score
[
A few things

While I do think the Big East is firmly a Power Conference in the basketball landscape... I also believe there is no justification THIS year to not consider the American Athletic as one of the top six conferences. The AAC is better this year than the PAC12. The RPI rankings and average NET rankings both show that the AAC is better than the PAC-12 THIS year at least.

I guess it gets more muddy if you do a five year average: This was a down year for the Big East (the teams cannibalized each other) and a better than average year for the American. While the Big East has been top 3 league for most of the past 5 years, the American has more often been in the 5-7 spots. I still think that the American is a Power Conference. They need to expand that label and make it P7
Very fair take. And this is while UConn and Memphis have been non-existent. When both teams start getting back to being Top 25-30 teams this will help the league.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Aresco’s penalty for starting the stupid P6 concept.

Btw the AAC was exactly the same as it’s been every season.

The Big East and PAC 12 were down and really down respectively.

Reaction Score
Can't really call it a down year when UConn hasn't made it in 3 years and Memphis hasn't made it in 5 years I think.
You are right. But you can at least see my point that the 2 big names in this league haven't done much lately, and have new coaches and solid recruiting classes. They are going to be good eventually.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Big East because won last 2 titles & the history.......but still BS.

It's CBS & ESPN choice not to include the American at this point in "P7" and to call it P6. It's not football where the Power 5 actually has meaning.

Next year if we get 4 or 5 teams again it will be hard to justify excluding from "Power".

As I mentioned in another thread, since 2014, we're still one at-large bid behind the A10 over those 6 years (13 vs 14). So... "Power 8".

Reaction Score
You are right. But you can at least see my point that the 2 big names in this league haven't done much lately, and have new coaches and solid recruiting classes. They are going to be good eventually.
Memphis ended the year with a higher NET, KenPom, and Sagarin than Temple.

A league where UConn and Memphis play up to their more traditional performances is one on that will be a very good league. I assume Marshall will stay at WSU. Who knows with Sampson, but I think he stays there too given he's 63. Provided that's the case, UConn-Memphis-Cincy-Houston-Wichita will be damn good teams nearly every year, and then you add in Temple (who should be better and traditionally was) and a stray team (UCF this year, Tulsa a few years ago) and a improved basement, and I think the league has the makings of being in that their below the ACC/B10.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom