Power 5 Making a Power Move? | The Boneyard

Power 5 Making a Power Move?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
The only people that are going to really suffer is the Olympic athletes. Football will be a d league, like it is now but with nominal pay instead of cars and hookers. Only a handful of schools can actually support this. Other sports are going to falter, as they have at UConn, Cincy and Stanford to name a few.

Reaction Score
Naw...they will still be in the NCAA....just that the "Autonomous Division" will be more autonomous and more clearly separated from the 100's of other programs.

If you think about it, there is a great disparity between the athletic programs of an Ohio State and a Lehigh...with only 5 of 25 members on the NCAA Board of Governance...the P5 programs may think that decisions are made that are counter to their needs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Naw...they will still be in the NCAA....just that the "Autonomous Division" will be more autonomous and more clearly separated from the 100's of other programs.

If you think about it, there is a great disparity between the athletic programs of an Ohio State and a Lehigh...with only 5 of 25 members on the NCAA Board of Governance...the P5 programs may think that decisions are made that are counter to their needs.
I don't want to give this a "like", but you are likely correct!

Reaction Score
This is where i think we are going. I can see UConn ultimately banding together with current P5s who end up not being part of the superduper 25-30 in a more regional league of peer institutions. Only if its worth leaving the Big East and paying the exit fee though.
I don’t think the Big East would want to sponsor football again. JMHO.
I had posted this in the MAC thread on the Football board but it fits better in this thread.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom