Potential matchup with ND | The Boneyard

Potential matchup with ND

Reaction Score
My worry after seeing them play at Notre Dame in the beginning of the season just how physical the Irish played. The lack of respect they showed on the court.. and the whole Arike and Geno episode where she refused to shake his hand after the game.. and of course muffett refusing to aplogize to UCONN but to the Irish fans. I’m worried it will turn into another situation If UCONN begins to get the Irish rattled. I really dislike the way they play. I do like Jackie young, Brianna Turner and Jessica Shepard .. there demeanor never changes and they play the game the right way. Just hope the refs keep the game in check if they do indeed face off in the National semis. Any thoughts on the potential matchup???

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My worry after seeing them play at Notre Dame in the beginning of the season just how physical and down right dirty the Irish played. The lack of respect they showed on the court.. and the whole Arike and Geno episode where she refused to shake his hand after the game.. and of course muffett refusing to aplogize to UCONN but to the Irish fans. I’m worried it will turn into another situation If UCONN begins to get the Irish rattled. I really dislike the way they play and how Arike always seems to get special treatment all season long with her negitive play. Same with mabrey and her cockiness. I do like Jackie young, Brianna Turner and Jessica Shepard .. there demeanor never changes and they play the game the right way. Just hope the refs keep the game in check if they do indeed face off in the National semis. Any thoughts on the potential matchup???
Bring it!
The Arike antics ruined a great game last time. If Arike wants to ruin this game-let her try.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
My concern is the Muffet-Geno stuff will become center stage again after the recent ESPN article.

Reaction Score
Will be a different game from many angles. ND grown their skills throughout year with several, like Turner, contributing more. Ditto for UConn with Walker, Williams, ONO now more consistent factors.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Unfortunately IMO, MM sets the tone for her players to "act out" (to be polite). Needless to say, I'll be rooting for Stanford. Tara is a class act and coaches her team accordingly.

Reaction Score
Pheesa and Lou both know Arike very well...there will be few surprises. You have less to worry about from overly physical play with her, than you do from her out-hustling you at critical moments like she did to nail down the game against TAMU.

I can't imagine Marina getting in the head of anyone on the team. Meghan shrugging off her takedown attempt in the last game was done like an afterthought...

What we do need to respect is their talent, preparation and drive. Everything else is a distraction.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All I know both teams don’t go deep at all. UCONN goes 6 while ND goes 7 in tough tight games. The key will be foul trouble .. get any of ND starting 5 in foul trouble it’s trouble for the Irish same as UCONN. Both teams rely on there starting 5. Which ever team stays on the floor longer will win... and if UCONN continues to shoot the ball like they did yesterday .. they will be very hard to beat. I think ND offense is more consistent then UCONNS but our defense is more consistent then ND. Just my opinion .. both teams are so similar in spreading the floor and running a lot of the same sets we all know to well when it comes to both teams!!!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Tara and Stanford have been a thorn in ND's side before. Here's hoping it happens again.

One of ND's flaw is their defensive intensity, or lack of it. Second, I think ND believes they can win by outscoring teams. And if they get down, the clutch gene player will bail them out. Could be their downfall.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My biggest concern is that Boneyarders are going to keep harping on Arike all summer. I didn’t like some plays in the last game, either, but I refuse to obsess about them. Worry about the games ahead, not the ones from months ago

People might want to read the post tacked to the top about name calling. That means no calling any of the ND personnel names, too. I’m serious about the bans. I’m tired of repeating myself

Reaction Score
Sorry meant no harm I would never insult a player just stated how the game went back in south bend. This board is very passionate and has a lot of insight .. one thing about this board from others is the respect of others and that not so good language that is allowed on other boards. The boneyard Is a great place to show how much love we have for our huskies!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom