Potential Bridgeport MLS team | The Boneyard

Potential Bridgeport MLS team

Reaction Score
Sounds like it's still a long ways from fruition, but it would be awesome!

Reaction Score
With all these teams popping up the USL needs to sever all ties with MLS and just have their own pyramid with promotion and relegation.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for total failure. Do the right thing and join the USL.

I'm rooting for failure so that money could end up at his alma mater, instead of 3rd-rate soccer.

Reaction Score
As if MLS would come to Bridgeport.
This coming from the same guy who said the USL would never come to Hartford. And after it was confirmed that the USL was indeed coming to Hartford, you were rooting for it to fail. I pray you don't call yourself a CT soccer fan because you're anything but that.

Reaction Score
This coming from the same guy who said the USL would never come to Hartford. And after it was confirmed that the USL was indeed coming to Hartford, you were rooting for it to fail. I pray you don't call yourself a CT soccer fan because you're anything but that.

MLS isn’t coming to Bridgeport you dummy. I didn’t say USL would t come to Hartford. I said I thought USL was dumb. Which it is.

Reaction Score
MLS isn’t coming to Bridgeport you dummy.
Okay, porg.
I didn’t say USL would t come to Hartford.
Yeah, I seem to recall you being convinced that Mandell/USL would not be chosen by the CRDA to play at Dillon.

I said I thought USL was dumb. Which it is.
Regarding that, I've never understood your hatred for the USL. Are you one of those pro/rel idiots that worships leagues like NASL and NISA? Let's not forget that one of those leagues is dead and the other is a raging dumpster fire.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
MLS Next Pro team approved, per Hearst.

"Connecticut United" supposedly. Stadium will be built on site of Shoreline Star greyhound park.
Sounds like garbage.

Reaction Score
one rendering from Hartford Biz Journal

bridgeport.JPG

Reaction Score
Sounds like garbage.

MLS Next Pro is minor league soccer with games held in secret.

Well yeah, but it's the highest level of soccer available in the US.

MLS Next is where MLS sends their players to "develop". It's like AA Ball with USL being AAA.

Only USL has it's own AA as well as well as a semi pro A.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for failure so that money could end up at his alma mater, instead of 3rd-rate soccer.

Was I overly conservative on the 3rd part?

Best case - this ends up getting an NWSL team to Bridgeport as well, which will draw flies.

Worst case - see the New Haven Tennis center. State-owned and now a concert bowl, albeit Bridgeport already has an equivalent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom