Potential bid stealers | The Boneyard

Potential bid stealers

Reaction Score
We have already seen the Ohio Valley regular-season champion go down. One can argue at 26-4 Belmont may not have the resume to get an at-large bid, but at the very least they are in the hunt.

Big South - Winthrop at 22-1 is a lot like Belmont if they should lose

Mountain West - If San Diego St. loses they are in and the winner steals a bid

There is a myriad of bubble teams across several conferences that can play their way in by getting to the conference championship game as well as conferences like the AAC if someone wins other than Houston or Wichita St. Memphis? SMU? The ACC with Duke? NC State? Syracuse?

There are almost always a few bid stealers, so the further away from the bubble, the better!

Reaction Score
It's so nice not to have to worry about bid stealers. As recently as a few days ago I was pretty sure we'd have to sweat it out. Now I can root for the underdogs, as I'm naturally inclined to do.

Reaction Score
It's so nice not to have to worry about bid stealers. As recently as a few days ago I was pretty sure we'd have to sweat it out. Now I can root for the underdogs, as I'm naturally inclined to do.
I know we are supposed to be a lock but i would still prefer at least 1 win in the BET to feel completely comfortable. I don’t trust the committee.

Reaction Score
So exceptionally shocked that Duke, short of winning the whole dang ACCT is even being considered anymore. Anyone who saw the UNC game would be hard-pressed to claim with a straight face they are a tourney team. Even if they ran the table in the ACCT I would think they would maybe be a 13 seed.

Same with MSU, unless they look great in beating Michigan and get to the B10T Finals, at least, IMO just don't deserve it.

Just the same, if MSU and Duke DO run the table, there are two stolen bids IMO.....never thought I would ever say that.

Reaction Score
Belmont played 30 friggin games this season. Bucknell played 10.

Reaction Score
I know we are supposed to be a lock but i would still prefer at least 1 win in the BET to feel completely comfortable. I don’t trust the committee.

We are being talked about as a legitimate final four contender. We are in.

Reaction Score
Acknowledging that Virginia Tech needed to pause this week, it would not surprise me to see a bubble team sneak in after selection sunday. If it happens, that would be an absolute killer for that team's players and fans.

Reaction Score
Acknowledging that Virginia Tech needed to pause this week, it would not surprise me to see a bubble team sneak in after selection sunday. If it happens, that would be an absolute killer for that team's players and fans.
I read that no new teams will be added after Selection Sunday. If a team drops out due to Covid, that teams opponent will automatically move to the next round.

Reaction Score
I read that no new teams will be added after Selection Sunday. If a team drops out due to Covid, that teams opponent will automatically move to the next round.
Teams have to let the committee know their status before selection, but I read here is a 48 hour window to replace teams before that advance policy kicks in.

Reaction Score
Interesting. I would think it would be better to backfill a slot rather than give a team a bye. Even if it meant filling the slot with the likes of a cuse or some other dredge. Or maybe fill the slot with a program which would otherwise never sniff the dance, like BC. This way rather than a bye, the team gets to play and win.

Reaction Score
"There are separate policies for when a team is forced to withdraw: one for before the announcement of the championship field and one for after the release of the bracket. Replacement teams will only be introduced into the championship within 48 hours after the announcement of the field, and at no time thereafter" from ncaa.org

Reaction Score
"There are separate policies for when a team is forced to withdraw: one for before the announcement of the championship field and one for after the release of the bracket. Replacement teams will only be introduced into the championship within 48 hours after the announcement of the field, and at no time thereafter" from ncaa.org
If we lose in the 2nd round, and a team has to withdraw at the Elite 8, we should totally be able to fill in.

Like buying back into a poker tournament.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Again, the conspiracy mindset.
You guys are 99% right. But as a Uconn fan I think I have a good reason to be a conspiracy theorist.

That 1% chance is enough for me be to worried .

Watching the media blow up the Big Ten and still trying to make a case for Duke and MSU makes me wonder..

So I want to win the first game before I relax, you all can feel cozy if you like.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
MSU taking down Michigan. 3 wins against Top 5 teams enough to get in a 15-11 team (pre B1G tourney)?

Reaction Score
MSU taking down Michigan. 3 wins against Top 5 teams enough to get in a 15-11 team (pre B1G tourney)?
Yes.
  • #5 in SOS
  • 5-2 in last 7, including wins over Michigan, Illinois and Ohio State.
  • Only two of their eleven losses are against teams that won't make the tourney (Northwestern and Minnesota).
  • Izzo. The committee wants Izzo.

Reaction Score
MSU getting in would not be a “conspiracy”. Spartans have been as good as anyone in the B1G the last 2 weeks

Reaction Score
MSU getting in would not be a “conspiracy”. Spartans have been as good as anyone in the B1G the last 2 weeks
Lost by 20 to Michigan before today. Lost by 20
to Maryland one week ago. Lost by 30 to Iowa this season. Really good team. They’ll be knocked out in the first round

Reaction Score
I understand you FULLY trust me. The takes be CRAZY
Thank God Shabazz Napier was a crazy conspiracy theorist...That crazy take us won us a National Championship.

To Emmert’s face: “ This is what happens when you ban us”

Reaction Score
Could see the committee putting us vs Michigan St in the 7/10 game as one of the headline matchups of the first round.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom