Postseason Guaranteed? | The Boneyard

Postseason Guaranteed?

Reaction Score
Have to think that this win just guaranteed us at least an NIT bid. Having said that, of course I want us to win the AAC and get back in the NCAA, but it is a great feeling to see UConn get back to postseason play.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
We should win 20 games this year, and have a good chance to get even more. Take care of business the next 2 games and we are easily in the NIT. Do some additional work in the AAC and we could even slip in an at large / get the auto bid

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I think our NET ranking be in the high 50s now...so aren’t we talking about being NCAA bubble team?...2nd to last 4 out etc.
IDK....For us to be a bubble team, they would have to reach deeper into the AAC than I believe they will.

See how far we go in the AAC tourney....

Reaction Score
NCAA committee use the NET ranking? Kenpom? Both...been couple years since I paid attention.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Win the next two and I’m pretty sure it’s the NIT if they accept it. Win the next three and theirs possibly NCAA talk. Win the next four and who knows.

Reaction Score
NCAA committee use the NET ranking? Kenpom? Both...been couple years since I paid attention.

The NET is their replacement for RPI. They do say they look at the other computer rankings, and that does include kenpom, among others.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The net. Kenpom is an independent ranking system using algorithms and stuff. Net was literally designed to get more P5 teams into the tournament

Reaction Score
Momentum and the eye test can be major factors (it's human nature). Even if we fall in the AAC final, the way we win, and how we get there, may be enough. Winning is non-negotiable.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The NET is their replacement for RPI. They do say they look at the other computer rankings, and that does include kenpom, among others.

They use the NET to organize teams and their wins and schedules on their official sheets. But all the sheets have KenPom and others listed on there for reference and they do use it, especially for seeding.

But the "Quadrant" wins using NET seems to be the most important things.

Reaction Score
This team is worthy of an NCAA bid the way they are playing. Team is at a whole new level of play and as I said the other day, we can compete head to head against 10-30 all day long.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom