Post Season Scoring | The Boneyard

Post Season Scoring

Reaction Score
I am very concerned about our inconsistent offense. I'm thinking we need minimum 80-85 points per game
to win NCAA tournament games. Lets count on Lou and Pheesa for 45 / game, CD 15. That leaves 20-25
points for Meg, C-Will and the bench.

The 1st 3 games should be no problem, but can we get those points for the Elite 8 onward ?

I do feel on any given night we can beat anyone. But, we will probably need 3 of those given nights.
This is the 1st year in a long time that I am a little unsure of reaching the FF.

Reaction Score
I m concerned about the the 3 rd game as we could be playing a Miami or Oregon st . The way we have been struggling of late this game could be a very tough one.

Reaction Score
Get over it! Y’all worry more about the team than the team does. Just wish them the best and move on! Stop making an issue out of nothing!

:D Glad you came around when you did, was about to make a comment perhaps the thread title should be changed to something like..."We the Concerned....." :rolleyes:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Especially when the latest reveal is NOT the Committee's final version.

Reaction Score
I'm more worried about skilled big people on opposing teams. Unless Olivia or Batouley is up to the task, UConn is vulnerable against teams with active, creative bigs. There are more skilled bigs this year in WCBB than in any year I can remember.

Reaction Score
I am very concerned about our inconsistent offense. I'm thinking we need minimum 80-85 points per game
to win NCAA tournament games. Lets count on Lou and Pheesa for 45 / game, CD 15. That leaves 20-25

The 1st 3 games should be no problem, but can we get those points for the Elite 8 onward ?

I do feel on any given night we can beat anyone. But, we will probably need 3 of those given nights.
This is the 1st year in a long time that I am a little unsure of reaching the FF.

Lou and 'Pheesa together are averaging 39.2 ppg. this year; Crystal is adding 13.6; Meg and Christyn, 22.4. That's a total of 75.2 (5 starters) and 83.8 for the entire team. Last year, adding in (non-starter) Z's 14.3, the Huskies were at 86.4. Not much difference there. For the record, opponents are getting about 5 ppg more this season. Woulda helped having Azura back on both ends of the court.
Try to figure out where the scoring is coming from when Lou and 'Pheesa graduate.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"I'm more worried about skilled big people on opposing teams. Unless Olivia or Batouley is up to the task, UConn is vulnerable against teams with active, creative bigs. There are more skilled bigs this year in WCBB than in any year I can remember."

Not worried about the bigs -- worried about guards who can break us down in zone and 1v1
The only big I'm worried about is that 2nd big --- like Cox

Ugh ...... MINIMUM 85 pts ? Against the teams that are going to show up in the late rounds ? Damn !!!

This page has the interactive shot chart by team/quarter/player of the Baylor game.
UConn vs. Baylor - Game Summary - January 3, 2019 - ESPN
We traded 3's for 2's in this game, where we defensed Landrum and Jackson poorly
We shot under 30% but look at the misses for 2's....unbelievable
This was the 1st time this team was challenged and responded poorly.

This page has the interactive shot chart for Louisville
UConn vs. Louisville - Game Summary - January 31, 2019 - ESPN
Look at 4th Q
FT's LV 17-24 UConn 7-12
This game was winnable

Made free throws, a few made 3's, and a little poise and we could conceivable be undefeated.

Now you can spot Mikayla on Landrum, Jackson, Arike, whoever ---- you're only looking a swing of a couple baskets on both sides of the ball - and make your FT's

This team has just as good a chance as anybody

If anybody has courtside seats to the FF --- please leave them at the will call window before you jump off the bridge

Reaction Score

You have a right to be CONCERNED about the inconsistencies. You can bet you last paycheck Geno is concerned. If You looked at his face in the USF game--he WAS Concerned. All Uconn Fans have a concern i.e. how prepared are they for the NCAA?
If you can say sera sera that's nice, many can't. NO it isn't life and death. No the sun will shine tomorrow. But most fans on the BY breath Uconn. We feel Uonn. When they are up We are happy. If a kid is hurt we feel bad. When they lose, we look at those kids; their faces, and some cry with them. That is what a fan does. So if you are CONCERNED--BE CONCERNED, as a fan and lover of these kids that is your right.

Reaction Score
Walker and Williams are shooting at 47% and 49% respectively, yet are not even averaging 10 shots a game. Get them each 4 or 5 more shots per game. Dangerfield could help in that regard, by getting the ball to them more often in good spots, and, also, by taking fewer ill-advised shots herself.

Reaction Score
Walker and Williams are shooting at 47% and 49% respectively, yet are not even averaging 10 shots a game. Get them each 4 or 5 more shots per game. Dangerfield could help in that regard, by getting the ball to them more often in good spots, and, also, by taking fewer ill-advised shots herself.
I think walker is playing up to her potential. CW can be doing more but she seems to be lost more times than not, which as a freshman we’ve seen happen with numerous stars before her. I think one can & will break out during one of the big games. But as Geno said, we will only go as far as the big 3 takes us.

Reaction Score
I think walker is playing up to her potential. CW can be doing more but she seems to be lost more times than not, which as a freshman we’ve seen happen with numerous stars before her. I think one can & will break out during one of the big games. But as Geno said, we will only go as far as the big 3 takes us.

I just don't think the big 3 can, without the help of Walker and Williams, beat ND , Baylor, or Louisville. Walker has certainly been consistently good, and seems like it should be the big 4 at this point. And if Williams is lost, I think it's up to her teammates to find her, if you know what I mean. But I'm not optimistic that they will find her. Too bad.

Reaction Score
Why worry? Let Geno worry, he is paid with big bucks to worry. I will start to worry if he partakes his paycheck. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom