Post-ND pressers | The Boneyard

Post-ND pressers

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
would love to see it
Do both coaches have post game pressers?
If they do, would like to see the links or maybe some help on how to search YouTube to find them. Thanks.

Reaction Score
I searched YouTube but couldn't find it. Any help from you savvy BYer's?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno at the end: Coaches out there are loving it. We use to have players who were good at a lot of things. Now we have a bunch good at one thing, so we have to find a way to .... Hyperbole of a sort ... but I would love to be at Monday's practice.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Have to hand it to McGraw, she is the second best coach in women's basketball. Her teams consistently play the best against the best. No doubt.
I would say Tara, but a close third. A fine presser though by a great coach who could coach any team, any level, any gender. Unlike teams like Baylor, Maryland, and Texas, Muffet will play any team, anywhere, anytime. Unlike some on this site who hold much against her, and maybe rightfully so, she remains on of my favorite coaches in BB. Her teams always play a pretty basketball that's fun to watch.

Reaction Score
HCGA's press conferences are must watches for me. He tells it like it is. He's blunt. Probably too blunt. At one point during today's post game press conference, he actually said, "We certainly had nobody on the bench to help us, so we had to use the players on the court."

He praised Megan Walker today...but also said that she doesn't know how to guard people.

He praised AS (nobody could guard her) but also killed her (she couldn't guard anybody)

He mentions the great atmosphere today, saying it reminded him "of the old days", for sure.

Reaction Score
I would say Tara, but a close third. A fine presser though by a great coach who could coach any team, any level, any gender. Unlike teams like Baylor, Maryland, and Texas, Muffet will play any team, anywhere, anytime. Unlike some on this site who hold much against her, and maybe rightfully so, she remains on of my favorite coaches in BB. Her teams always play a pretty basketball that's fun to watch.

Nikki Caldwell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So migraines for Gabby?

Reaction Score

A few big problems I've had with MM over the years for instance when she lost vs UCONN and even to start the games she'd blame the refs. Just look at last year's presser if you could find it. A reporter asked her about the foul discrepancy between ND and UCONN and instead of just being gracious - her implication was pretty darn clear that she implied she got ripped off. Over the years she does imo A LOT complain about it even before the game starts. Additionally, our toughest teams over the years have been ND and Stanford. How often does Tara complain before and after the games about officiating vs UCONN? When UCONN has been beaten by Stanford, is there a lot of talk of Stanford flopping? So it's all the imagination of us UCONN fans? ND rarely flops? The ND players rarely complain about calls to the refs? Sometimes don't teams take on the personality of their coach? Thus I agree with the certain animosity. You can call me an unfair fan all you want. But what if I don't share the admiration you have for reasons in which I believe my opinion is right? IMO it is legit. All I ask is for you to go back on last year's pressers again. Then note ucmiami's astute observation that ND fouled late which skewed the ft numbers. UCONN outplayed ND last year. Why couldn't MM accept that? Why?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol at Lou adjusting her clothing underneath her shirt during the interview. It was like watching that scene from aliens .

Reaction Score
I was watching Geno and muffett's pregame convo very intently and it looked like Geno was all smiles and Muffett was anything but amused. I think Geno loves sticking it to Muffett!!
In this day and age you have to be careful with "Phrasing", lol

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A few big problems I've had with MM over the years for instance when she lost vs UCONN and even to start the games she'd blame the refs. Just look at last year's presser if you could find it. A reporter asked her about the foul discrepancy between ND and UCONN and instead of just being gracious - her implication was pretty darn clear that she implied she got ripped off. Over the years she does imo A LOT complain about it even before the game starts. Additionally, our toughest teams over the years have been ND and Stanford. How often does Tara complain before and after the games about officiating vs UCONN? When UCONN has been beaten by Stanford, is there a lot of talk of Stanford flopping? So it's all the imagination of us UCONN fans? ND rarely flops? The ND players rarely complain about calls to the refs? Sometimes don't teams take on the personality of their coach? Thus I agree with the certain animosity. You can call me an unfair fan all you want. But what if I don't share the admiration you have for reasons in which I believe my opinion is right? IMO it is legit. All I ask is for you to go back on last year's pressers again. Then note ucmiami's astute observation that ND fouled late which skewed the ft numbers. UCONN outplayed ND last year. Why couldn't MM accept that? Why?
Well, you gave plenty of reasons why you dislike Muffet the person. I'm sure many others feel the same. My entire argument is for Muffet the coach and the teams she coaches. Some people find Tara the person a stick in the mud and a grouch. Those who deny the ability of either to coach to me, just don't get it. I for one have no problem separating the person from their performance, but I guess I'm just good at compartmentalizing.

Reaction Score
Well, you gave plenty of reasons why you dislike Muffet the person. I'm sure many others feel the same. My entire argument is for Muffet the coach and the teams she coaches. Some people find Tara the person a stick in the mud and a grouch. Those who deny the ability of either to coach to me, just don't get it. I for one have no problem separating the person from their performance, but I guess I'm just good at compartmentalizing.

I'll say MM is a great coach. And her presser today I agree. Excellent. And I even like the half-smile she gave when I think she was asked in some manner if she was okay with the loss. She wasn't okay with it- which a top coach with a strong team wouldn't be. I'm sure she would love to grab the reporter by the shoulders and shake him senseless. I just can't believe several years ago how much she completely hated UCONN. That seems to have passed. Glad for that.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
CD's comments on her radio post-game show:

Gutsy win. They challenged us in the first half and they were tougher than we were. We needed to change how we approached things and we did that in the 4th quarter.

We did a better job rebounding in the 2nd half.

They're a physical team and a lot their game is to get in the lane, throw the ball up and then rebound it. We did not look prepared for that at the beginning of the game. Even as poorly as we played we were only down 7 at halftime.

Azura played well, Kia Nurse made some big shots, Megan Walker rebounded and handled the physical play. We got contributions from a lot of people and nice to see.

It's a game in December and we want to win it. It gives us an opportunity to see where we are against a tough, physical and talented offensive team. At this point we're in a pretty good place but we have a lot of work to do.

When things went badly we made some poor decisions on the defensive end and on the offensive end we were out of sync and forcing shots. When we ran our offense past 2 passes we got layups or the shots we wanted. When we shot too quickly, that's when they went on their run; they'd score and then we'd do the same thing. That's something we have to learn from. That's what happened against Mississippi State last year. Resorting to one-on-one play won't get us back in the game.

Fans were great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom