Post Game Video Comments | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Post Game Video Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That "get in the way" is another classic Genoism when you think about it. The objective of all defense is to get in the way of what the offense is trying to do. My translation is: For now Kyla is doing just fine defensively by just getting in the way. As long as Kyla keeps working hard which she will get to the UCONN level of Defense.
\

That tickled me too. You know with a coaching Mom (she may have said that to kyla at age 10) but the kid know the fundamentals.
I was impressed with the Frosh--in that they all had some level of poise, worked their tails off, none fouled out --Uconn fouling was early one --as they settled down--no more fouls. That too is an improvement.
Uconn has a couple of more senior players that played OK but they have to buy into the ---this is OUR team and we'll do what is necessary to win--can't watch Katie Lou and Gabby all evening (or after noon).

Reaction Score
BINGO. And LOU wants it bad. She's ready for the weight of it.

In the movies all Female Assassin's are tall and beautiful--Katie Lou Geno's assassin!!! Tickles my ribs--and true.

Reaction Score
Nice comments about Chong at the end.
"Saniya was really good," Auriemma said. "She's been like that since practice started. … Right now she's in a really good place. You've got to remember, this kid was really, really good coming out of high school. Really good."

A reminder: Chong averaged 34.4 points as a senior at Ossining High in New York, scoring 2,988 points over four years. She is a gifted offensive player. This is her opportunity to show it in college.

UConn Women: Five Things We Learned After Win Over IUP

Reaction Score
Dangerfield is the most highly-touted of the three, but she didn't hit the court until late in the first half. She had two free throws, three assists and two steals in 12 minutes.

But fans witnessed her speed and quickness, and they saw her skilled passing.

"Crystal is pretty good," Auriemma said. "Did you see some of the things she did?"

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One thing to emphasize: As noted, Gabby was aggressive and committed ZERO fouls. I hope she can keep it up.

All of them were asked if this year's team is faster than last year's. I thought they looked quick and ran well last night, but last year's team included MoJet, arguably the fastest player EVER.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You mean your practice facility doesn't have a hair salon? ROFLOL. Only one Geno.

Reaction Score
You mean your practice facility doesn't have a hair salon? ROFLOL. Only one Geno.
Have you seen the facilities popping up that they call student housing? It's getting ridiculous. I guess the arms race for best practice facilities or best uniforms has now moved on to how posh of a living space can they give the kids. I think there is one P5 school building a student-athlete community that actually does or will have its own golf course among other over the top amenities. That's basically what Geno was talking about when he brought up kids questioning that they have to live in dorms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom