Post Game Thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Post Game Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I didn't get to see the game, but from the box score it appears that we actually played good defense against everyone but Young. Arkansas' shot 31% overall (without Young 25%), and 36% on 3's (19% w/out Young). Was Young getting easy baskets, hitting incredible shots? It rebounding looks to be the culprit that kept the game close. They corralled close to 40% of the rebounds at our end while we only managed to grab 4 out of 21 of our misses at their end. That's got to be unacceptable to JC, guess who will be concentrating on the dreaded rebounding drills?
Most of Young's shots were contested. He was in a zone. It happens. The rest of the team shot poorly, but how much of that was the result of UConn constantly trying to block shots? If our bigs are disrupting the mid and close to the basket game, then the inability of getting rebounds on the defensive end is somewhat mitigated. It seems that as UConn became more and more successful as a shot blocking team the rebounding has suffered. I could be wrong on this however.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Let me explain for those of you that think this is a real conversation. There are " trolls" who pretend to be UCONN fans but they are really 17 year old Quse fans that have never kissed a women.

Do not respond to these tools- post your own threads- feeding trolls only gives them the false hope that one they they might really get laid in the real world.

Haters gonna hate.
Actually it is likely they kissed Laurie Fine. More traumatic if you ask me.

Reaction Score
I just get the feeling that between some of these guys that came back from last year's NC, there is a bit of hangover. Between that and developing some team identity/chemistry, just seems to be a lull right now. They look lethargic, lack energy on the boards/defense. They should be able to physically impose themselves on a team - take last years Final 4 for instance. When push came to shove, they were just the more physical team.

I still feel good about conference season and beyond - Calhoun will get things sorted out, push some buttons, give the PT to those that who knows puts them in the best spot to win. This is going to be a slow brew - you don't want to peak right now. Not with a young team like this. It's a long season and this is probably the most meaningless portion of it.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I just get the feeling that between some of these guys that came back from last year's NC, there is a bit of hangover. Between that and developing some team identity/chemistry, just seems to be a lull right now. They look lethargic, lack energy on the boards/defense. They should be able to physically impose themselves on a team - take last years Final 4 for instance. When push came to shove, they were just the more physical team.

I still feel good about conference season and beyond - Calhoun will get things sorted out, push some buttons, give the PT to those that who knows puts them in the best spot to win. This is going to be a slow brew - you don't want to peak right now. Not with a young team like this. It's a long season and this is probably the most meaningless portion of it.
If you read the article "The Huskies By Numbers" UConn is probably not much different from last season other than turnovers are larger, but probably so are assists. A young team then, a young team now.

http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/search/label/Ray Allen

Reaction Score
If you read the article "The Huskies By Numbers" UConn is probably not much different from last season other than turnovers are larger, but probably so are assists. A young team then, a young team now.

http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/search/label/Ray Allen
The low turnover stat seems to me what made last year's team effective. By not turning the ball over, they gave themselves a chance to win just about every game they played (St. John's being the one exception that comes to mind). Perhaps they averaged fewer possessions per game, but the low shooting percentage combined with the fact that they did average over 72 ppg (which isn't great, but isn't B12 low) hints that that is not the case.

I'm curious to see what the average point swing per turnover is. My guess is it's something in the neighborhood of 1.5 pts/TO. At that rate, cutting down the amount of turnovers by three per game will make a huge difference in the W/L column. I have no doubt that UConn will be an excellent rebounding team by season's end. Cutting down turnovers will be what puts this team into real title contention.

Reaction Score
I am not impressed at all with this game. This team is not ready to win a championship not even close.

Well last week this guy said that Uconn, Kentucky, and UNC are the only teams in the country capable of winning the championship. I guess now we should just cancel the rest of the season since there are only 2 worthy teams left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom