Post Game Thoughts | The Boneyard

Post Game Thoughts

Reaction Score
This was not a well played game by us for a majority of the game. The good news is we’re scoring a lot and winning cupcake games by 20+ margin.

CV, Rique, Adams played well on offense, but not as good defensively today. Can’t overstate the importance of Vitals toughness especially on the boards.

Tyler Polley is trending upwards. He has solidified his spot and along with Carlton showing good things out there.

PS: I don’t want to see much of sloppy players against good competition.

Reaction Score
Sid should have gotten some real minutes. I know what hurley is doing but I don’t agree with being stubborn in this case (and no that doesn’t mean I’m a hurley hater. I think he’s great and great for uconn).

Reaction Score
Sid should have gotten some real minutes. I know what hurley is doing but I don’t agree with being stubborn in this case (and no that doesn’t mean I’m a hurley hater. I think he’s great and great for uconn).

But if minutes are earned in practice and Sid is getting outplayed/outworked there, what does it say to the team to just give him minutes?

Reaction Score
But if minutes are earned in practice and Sid is getting outplayed/outworked there, what does it say to the team to just give him minutes?

I get it but in a game like that they could’ve found a way to get him 10-12 minutes to at least get a little bit accustomed to playing in a real game. It wouldn’t have really been at the expense of anyone.

Reaction Score
I get it but in a game like that they could’ve found a way to get him 10-12 minutes to at least get a little bit accustomed to playing in a real game. It wouldn’t have really been at the expense of anyone.

I kind of disagree. As much as we want to win and win now, building the culture is more important for sustained success. in Hurley’s mind, he won’t give someone minutes if he’s not earning them in practice, regardless of the game situation. Especially someone who apparently needs to tighten something up - still want to know what university rule he broke. Either way, I wasn’t going to be surprised if he wasn’t used til the last 2 minutes tonight.

Reaction Score
I get that especially with zona next.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
It would have been at the expense of everyone else who has outperformed and outworked him in practice. Whether it's your first college game or your last you earn your minutes. If he hasn't he hasn't.

Reaction Score

What does it matter if he gets 5 minutes vs 10 minutes in a November game which is his first game in 2 years? The fate of the AZ game is not resting on Sid's shoulders and right now the other options like Polley are currently better than him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
People asking about why Sid didn’t get more minutes should watch the tape again.

He isn’t ready. Suspension or not, he looked less prepared than guys like Brendan Adams.

PS: Sid the Kid has too much hype on him and he’s putting pressure on himself to fulfill those expectations. Coupled with the fact that he doesn’t know how to play in half court sets, and what his assignment is.

He will need the year to get accustomed to the style, system, and intensity needed to perform at this level.

Reaction Score
I know Sid didn’t get a lot of minutes but he seemed to be a step behind everyone else on the floor. Trust the Hurley Process.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom