Post Game Quotes | The Boneyard

Post Game Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is a real easy team to like.

The players have great attitudes and have bought in to the "team" thingy.

Read the post game quotes from Napier and Smith.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/112011aac.html

As a fan I fear no team and am anxious to see us match up agaisnt anyone.

These kids "get" the JC coaching and will run through walls for him and each other.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I've been happy with their collective experience so far, in each game they have been challenged and have had to at different times handle full and half-court pressure D, facing an opponent who gets on a hot streak from 3, play from behind and make adjustments to their level of intensity. Atlantis will be a challenge and they might drop a game unexpectedly
, but this team will continue to grow and be very tough by March. The adversity this team has faced in terms if sanctions etc. will better helpJC to circle the wagons/motivate

Reaction Score
Perhaps the quote that best exemplifies Napier.

Shabazz Napier said:
It's been tough on Roscoe. I always told him, `you let Coach play for you. Play your game.' A lot of players, such as DeAndre, he's been playing well but he has a problem when he makes a mistake or misses a shot. His first thing is to look at Coach. I'm like, `you don't need to look at him. He's seen you miss a shot. ` You don't want him to look at you back because nothing good's going to come out of it. The guys just need to play. We all got a scholarship to play at a top school, and we're just here to have fun and play.

Reaction Score
He's a leader, pure and simple.
ya....it seems like Kemba rubbed off on him. It's great to watch.
I really enjoy watching this group of guys!

Bazz even does the old kemba head jerk, I just got fouled technique. Noticed it a few times in the first few games.

Reaction Score
ya....it seems like Kemba rubbed off on him. It's great to watch.
I really enjoy watching this group of guys!

Bazz even does the old kemba head jerk, I just got fouled technique. Noticed it a few times in the first few games.

Unfortunately, he's not as quick as Kemba and so it is not quite as believable. I don't think he's gotten many calls on it.

Reaction Score
Perhaps the quote that best exemplifies Napier.
My favorite was the next sentence :You don't want him to look at you back because nothing good's going to come out of it...

That's the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34