Post-game quotes - text, not video | The Boneyard

Post-game quotes - text, not video

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
What a great find for us (BYers). Thanks for sharing.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Thanks. I wish I saw this before listening to the presser. But Geno’s expressions made the view worthwhile.
I watched the press conference. Geno looks tired and worn down.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
During Introduction remarks:

COACH AURIEMMA: I can honestly say that, given the kind of season we've had, I thought I'd pretty much seen it all. But this was a rather new experience for me.

Asked in the question period to explain what he meant

COACH AURIEMMA: When I said it's a new experience, I mean I have a certain vision of how the game is played. And for 30-some years we played the game that way. And tonight we didn't play the game that way, not even close.

Have we not been asking the same questions among ourselves, so much so that management feels the necessity to start a "positive" thread.

I wish there had been follow-ups to pin him down about exactly what he meant...
-Was he speaking of some of our ideals of "beautiful basketball?"
-or competent basketball?
-or making layups
-of more typical movement
I would guess he wasn't too upset about the D...it was the offense that surely concerned him.

It would be great from the horses mouth for him to be requested to explain his concept of exactly what UConn basketball stands for.

We've been trying to define it among ourselves for years and its relative importance without much success.

This game obviously shook him to the core...another poster noted his seeming exhaustion, though he seemed to have recovered his composure for the question period.

Surely there have been other "bizarre" games...the NCAA game at Stanford where no one could score comes to mind.

But I would love for him to give a seminar on exactly what UConn BB means to him.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
During Introduction remarks:

COACH AURIEMMA: I can honestly say that, given the kind of season we've had, I thought I'd pretty much seen it all. But this was a rather new experience for me.

Asked in the question period to explain what he meant

COACH AURIEMMA: When I said it's a new experience, I mean I have a certain vision of how the game is played. And for 30-some years we played the game that way. And tonight we didn't play the game that way, not even close.

Have we not been asking the same questions among ourselves, so much so that management feels the necessity to start a "positive" thread.

I wish there had been follow-ups to pin him down about exactly what he meant...
-Was he speaking of some of our ideals of "beautiful basketball?"
-or competent basketball?
-or making layups
-of more typical movement
I would guess he wasn't too upset about the D...it was the offense that surely concerned him.

It would be great from the horses mouth for him to be requested to explain his concept of exactly what UConn basketball stands for.

We've been trying to define it among ourselves for years and its relative importance without much success.

This game obviously shook him to the core...another poster noted his seeming exhaustion, though he seemed to have recovered his composure for the question period.

Surely there have been other "bizarre" games...the NCAA game at Stanford where no one could score comes to mind.

But I would love for him to give a seminar on exactly what UConn BB means to him.

I think you’re reading too much into it

1648037902176.jpeg

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Well he does turn 69 tomorrow, so probably not too many more press conferences in his future.

No WAY! Geno is going to be the "Clint Eastwood" of Coaches. Over 90 and still going strong! He's a PHILLY guy.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GENO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom