Post-game Press Conference: Bob Diaco & Player Reaction - Tulane | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Post-game Press Conference: Bob Diaco & Player Reaction - Tulane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like Williams a lot. I think the coaching has done him a disservice. He's a true freshman who isn't ready to play but there is a lot of upside. The ball comes out of his hand effortlessly. His mechanics are decent. I'd like us to bring in an OC with experience coaching QBs to run a 1-2 checkdown style offense. Read 1, read 2, check/run. The biggest problem I saw with our offense this year is that we didn't have any sort of safety valve for the QBs to throw to. With a back like Newsome he should be chipping and releasing or a TE should be on a delayed route. We didn't see any of that, granted it may have had to do with the line.

I see a loop in his throwing motion. IMO he needs to work on his mechanic. I cannot believe the coaching staff does not at least try to fix it.

Reaction Score
His throwing mechanics are decent. His reads not so much

He winds up like a pitcher and the result is a delayed delivery. I want DW to succeed so badly but I just don't see any positives right now. He has poor mechanics (not just delivery but footwork), no pocket awareness or understanding of protection (this is fixable with study and reps), and he is locking onto receivers regardless of who is open.

It is not good. My hope is that he takes a giant step forward, as he is a true frosh after all. But I said same thing about Tim Boyle and he showed far more positives than DW after his freshman audition.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
DW, not good, unlikely to ever be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads