Post-game Press Conference: Bob Diaco & Player Reaction - Tulane | The Boneyard

Post-game Press Conference: Bob Diaco & Player Reaction - Tulane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So the fix is no longer 'easy' Rather it's been 'isolated'. Thanks Red pants. It's been isolated for three years.

Reaction Score
Expected to hate this. Did not think it was a bad press conference. Took accountability for the season and some of the things he has said.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not that I expected any different but there isn't anything comforting in his nonsense. Still talking "northeast run the football", still talking about all the returning players with game experience as if this is all something to build off of. We need huge, enormous, fundamental changes. Not little tweaks. I have zero hope and faith in Diaco fixing things with his constant "we are improved, so close..." complete and utter BULLSPIT.

Reaction Score
"... It was just like this string of horrible circumstances ..."

You would think one of the reporters would have jumped on that statement.

Reaction Score
Not that I expected any different but there isn't anything comforting in his nonsense. Still talking "northeast run the football", still talking about all the returning players with game experience as if this is all something to build off of. We need huge, enormous, fundamental changes. Not little tweaks. I have zero hope and faith in Diaco fixing things with his constant "we are improved, so close..." complete and utter BULLSPIT.
You're not close if you're blown out by Tulane, and not score for a month and give up 130 points in 4 games. Delusional or pathological.

Reaction Score

that's not what he said this time though, and I also agree with him. You do have to be able to run the football to be successful. You could tell he thought about that question a lot before speaking (which is a miracle) and for once he had a poignant response.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I have to wonder what the hell does he see in the Williams as a great QB that I and thousands of others just don't see
He sounded like a man desperate to keep his job but again, throws out crap just to see what sticks
He is the problem but just doesn't get it
I expected worse at this presser but the guy has hit such a low point that even the BS artist in him can see some of the picture

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
that's not what he said this time though, and I also agree with him. You do have to be able to run the football to be successful. You could tell he thought about that question a lot before speaking (which is a miracle) and for once he had a poignant response.
No need to split hairs :

"I still believe, up here, you gotta be able to run the ball. You gotta be able to run the ball and you gotta be able to control the game with the running attack.
There's also some other pieces, like northeast football and the guys that we can recruit here and the fact that you need to be able to run the ball."

Ok fine you need to run the ball. It's still all nonsense. No one is saying you need to throw every down to be successful (except TouchdownHusky) but it's a crazy premise that being in East Hartford CT dictates a preposterously conservative style of play. Other teams have as "bad" or worse weather and still manage to throw, still manage to score points. Ball control is crap if it doesn't help you win.

Reaction Score
No need to split hairs :

"I still believe, up here, you gotta be able to run the ball. You gotta be able to run the ball and you gotta be able to control the game with the running attack.
There's also some other pieces, like northeast football and the guys that we can recruit here and the fact that you need to be able to run the ball."

Ok fine you need to run the ball. It's still all nonsense. No one is saying you need to throw every down to be successful (except TouchdownHusky) but it's a crazy premise that being in East Hartford CT dictates a preposterously conservative style of play. Other teams have as "bad" or worse weather and still manage to throw, still manage to score points. Ball control is crap if it doesn't help you win.

Reaction Score
How about " I have a contract until 2021" How honorable were you and your agent last year when you had a contract but pressured the university for an extension with the threat of interest/leaving? Contracts are only one way?

Diaco is a sociopath like others have stated. I don't know why the writers don't hold him accountable and call out his lies.

Reaction Score
So because he coaches in New England he feels the run game and clock management are imperative? He came from where? Ever been to South Bend in November? Balanced offense makes sense however you need to recruit to achieve it. Ohio state, Michigan throw the ball in November...13 points in 4 games I'd unbelievable. OCs issue perhaps nut BD is in charge
Played for a PP coached team and hoped he would be the answer at UCONN, obviously not in hindsight but this guy is a train wreck whose lost his team and program. He needs to go now or we can kiss FCS football goodbye and along with that basketball. Stakes are too big.

Reaction Score
How about " I have a contract until 2021" How honorable were you and your agent last year when you had a contract but pressured the university for an extension with the threat of interest/leaving? Contracts are only one way?

Diaco is a sociopath like others have stated. I don't know why the writers don't hold him accountable and call out his lies.
No one forced Uconn to sign the extension. They believed it to be the best choice 11 months ago. I fault the AD and the prez for not either knowing who to call to see if he was bluffing or being blind to his flaws that have been there since day 1 to know that, besides BC, no P5program hires a coach coming off a 6 win season.

Contracts are two way but when someone has leverage in a negotiation, it is up to the other side to reduce it. This is on Manuel and Herbst. One is gone, the other needs to answer for it.

Reaction Score
I have to wonder what the hell does he see in the Williams as a great QB that I and thousands of others just don't see
He sounded like a man desperate to keep his job but again, throws out crap just to see what sticks
I expected worse at this presser but the guy has hit such a low point that even the BS artist in him can see some of the picture
Williams or any other great QB can't do much if he has a porous O line.

Reaction Score

I like Williams a lot. I think the coaching has done him a disservice. He's a true freshman who isn't ready to play but there is a lot of upside. The ball comes out of his hand effortlessly. His mechanics are decent. I'd like us to bring in an OC with experience coaching QBs to run a 1-2 checkdown style offense. Read 1, read 2, check/run. The biggest problem I saw with our offense this year is that we didn't have any sort of safety valve for the QBs to throw to. With a back like Newsome he should be chipping and releasing or a TE should be on a delayed route. We didn't see any of that, granted it may have had to do with the line.

Reaction Score
I like Williams a lot. I think the coaching has done him a disservice. He's a true freshman who isn't ready to play but there is a lot of upside. The ball comes out of his hand effortlessly. His mechanics are decent. I'd like us to bring in an OC with experience coaching QBs to run a 1-2 checkdown style offense. Read 1, read 2, check/run. The biggest problem I saw with our offense this year is that we didn't have any sort of safety valve for the QBs to throw to. With a back like Newsome he should be chipping and releasing or a TE should be on a delayed route. We didn't see any of that, granted it may have had to do with the line.

Did you just say Williams mechanics are decent? I think we watched different games the last 3 games.

Reaction Score
No one forced Uconn to sign the extension. They believed it to be the best choice 11 months ago. I fault the AD and the prez for not either knowing who to call to see if he was bluffing or being blind to his flaws that have been there since day 1 to know that, besides BC, no P5program hires a coach coming off a 6 win season.

Contracts are two way but when someone has leverage in a negotiation, it is up to the other side to reduce it. This is on Manuel and Herbst. One is gone, the other needs to answer for it.

You are missing the point and obviously didn't listen to the presser. Thanks for the clueless insight though, we all know how contracts work.

Reaction Score

I'm coming around to your conclusions because most of the rational options have been debunked.

Reaction Score
No need to split hairs :

Never said you had to throw on every down, but throwing the ball and putting points on the board is how the game is played (how exciting for the fans watching Pitt and Syracuse).

I also have been saying for years (since Dan O left) that UConn could not rely solely on the running game and a defense and trying to win 17-14. I said UConn desperately needed to fix the QB void. It's taken a while but now . . . seems like I am not the only one calling for a change in how the Huskies look at the offensive side of the ball.

Did you just say Williams mechanics are decent? I think we watched different games the last 3 games.

I've seen two pictures of Williams throwing the football. In both he has his forearm and hand were pointing down with the ball down near his waist, when they should be both be level with or above his elbow with the ball up near his ear. He looks like a pitcher as he reaches back at the start of his lead leg striding to the plate.

Haven't seen him enough to really have studied his mechanics. But at quick glance he seems to have the the same flaw that plagued Tim Tebow in the NFL - and they crucified him on his mechanics.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not going to argue with his stated philosophy as there is quite a bit of merit to that. His asinine fakes and that he places so little importance in special teams (which should be of more importance in this philosophy) damage his credibility. That he not only defends the performance of his defense but at times praises it (after obvious failure) completely destroys his credibility. I don't see how any good can come from his return.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek