Post-Game Articles | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Post-Game Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
We are treated to a great road spectacle and we are working up a stink about grammar in a newspaper headline? We are an interesting bunch we is.

Reaction Score
GenoAndTheJets.jpg
Well done RayVin, I'll bet most didn't realize Geno was in your West Side Story rumble photo. :)

Reaction Score
Norovirus is going around and around and around (I speak from experience!). I thought Pheesa looked stricken too. It goes through most younger people in a day or less, but onset is very, very sudden. If that's what Lou had (most probably), it's a good bet that everyone on the team has/had it, including coaches, trainers, etc. It's extremely contagious and they're in close quarters, like on a cruise ship....

Touch a ball passed that had any body fluid attached--wam--you got it. Pick up a pen used by your sick attorney--and you got it (happened to the wife and I and she is never sick). These kids, Geno, Staff don't stand a chance--all they can do is live, get in condition, and eat healthy--and wash hands.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. Sad to see that. we're one big or "biggish" away from being bullet proof on this. Keep thinking if Batouly had come originally, or Morgan had stayed, or De'Janae hadn't transferred....
I could agree with your first 2 choices---whose to say De'Janae would have had much PT???
How could we not be? But I doubt you would have said that 12 games into Mo's career. Geno has a grand plan for Crystal and it doesn't include throwing her into the fire all at once, I think.
Moriah at this point in her Frosh year --had great potential. Crystal in this point had a 19 point game, shows signs of being a great passer, great court vision, makes mistakes. I go along with Bags27----Geno has a grand plan for her.

Reaction Score
Touch a ball passed that had any body fluid attached--wam--you got it. Pick up a pen used by your sick attorney--and you got it (happened to the wife and I and she is never sick). These kids, Geno, Staff don't stand a chance--all they can do is live, get in condition, and eat healthy--and wash hands.
Drinking lots of OJ seems to help some folks. Some people are even using regular soap nowadays instead of the anti bacterial. Who knows what will work, but being in sunny Florida can't hurt.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That's very possible.....these illnesses tend to travel from player to player during the season.....I was hoping the Central Florida game was home so the team could get some rest but that is not the case......I suppose if they have to travel, Florida is not such a bad place to go

Two reasons illnesses travel from player to player within a team is:
1. Touching anything another player that's sick touches; such as door handles, balls, towels, water bottles, etc.
2. Players HABITUALLY "slap hands" when running lay-up lines or drills. The best and quickest way to transmit germs and viruses to others.

This is why when one player get sick, it spreads throughout the entire team. How many times last night did you see players slap hands after a good play, or going into a timeout? It's the same dynamic in daycare centers, or at schools. Germs spread the same way there also. Touching anything a child that is sick or has a cold touches, bingo, now you've got the germs. Medicate the team, stop the hand slapping, be very careful what you touch during this time of year (the winter cold and flu season), and all should be well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You know - I don't like Brenda much, but for the first time after a Uconn loss I thought she was gracious in defeat.
I thought the same thing, almost like she expected a loss as a possibility ...or maybe even a probability.

Reaction Score
I know, right? They lose Jones and Walker, we lose Saniya and Tierney. My only concern for next year is at point. Need more consistency. Spoiled by Mo.

Stop comparing senior mo to freshman danger. Danger is well ahead of freshman mo

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
What is especially great about the NY Times article is that it is (at long last!!!!) about basketball, rather than about basketball personalities....it's almost as if they were reporting a men's game!

That's because that was the choice Sports Editor Tom Jolly made a few years back. I should know - I haunted him until he admitted such.

Reaction Score
Drinking lots of OJ seems to help some folks. Some people are even using regular soap nowadays instead of the anti bacterial. Who knows what will work, but being in sunny Florida can't hurt.
A Filipino young man working with a dozen or so young people with this malady--suggested crushed garlic mixed with OJ. It was either a miracle cure or he hit them at the right part of the contact, start, deep into the cold, slowly ending cycle--because most were well within a day or 2. I believed--but found it near impossible to get that mixture down and stay down.

TV doctors have said that the anti bacterial soap, hand sanitizers were no more effective than washing with regular soap. My doctor believes otherwise--but he is an old country doctor--whom I believe and trust.
The Sun of Fla--as you say---cannot hurt. Just feeling the warmth of the sun does wonders for me.

Reaction Score
We are treated to a great road spectacle and we are working up a stink about grammar in a newspaper headline? We are an interesting bunch we is.

Okay, the grammar gaffe was, at worst, debatable. Java Man highlighted the they as the implied plural noun. I have to agree that life in our fast lane is pretty good when we are number one, unbeaten and (hopefully) on our way to a new consecutive-win record, and we have grammar complaints. What about that last foul call on Gabby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom