Post-Game Articles | The Boneyard

Post-Game Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"First, Kia Nurse drained a 3. Then Napheesa Collier curled around a screen and sank a layup. Gabby Williams, who had assisted on the previous two baskets, made a jumper of her own, assisted by Collier. And the ailing l Samuelson made a 3 of her own and was clocked by Blair Watson as she did so. Samuelson’s roar was audible in the now-silenced Maryland arena as she sat on the floor and pumped her fists in the air. Another 3 by Nurse, and the seemingly manageable morphed into the unforgiving reality of Connecticut, 25 months and counting. The scoreboard read 50-31; a 14-0 run had ended the suspense."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/29/sports/ncaabasketball/uconn-huskies-maryland-terrapins.html?_r=0

I love that she roars.

“I set the schedule up so that this wouldn’t happen,” Auriemma told ESPN’s Kara Lawson after the game. “And it’s happened. I’m flabbergasted.”

UConn women's basketball win streak reaches 87, and it isn't ending anytime soon

No seasons off for you Geno!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Geno, "I mean, come watch film". Damn priceless. Best coach in CBB.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I know, right? They lose Jones and Walker, we lose Saniya and Tierney. My only concern for next year is at point. Need more consistency. Spoiled by Mo.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I know, right? They lose Jones and Walker, we lose Saniya and Tierney. My only concern for next year is at point. Need more consistency. Spoiled by Mo.
Kia will still be around and Crystal Dangerfield will, no doubt, be making the sophomore jump. I think that we will be fine.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Funny how none of these articles mention adding Azura, Camara and such a large and talented incoming freshman class that does not include Walker. Thinking about it probably numbs their synapses.
We add Azura, whom Maryland can't match. We add Megan, whom Maryland can't match. Plus, we add Batouly, Lexi, Mikayla, and Andi. That's just next year. Then we add Charli and maybe Christyn. I like our chances, though the Terps could be our primary challenger. I think that next year's game--at UConn--will not be as close.

JordyG

Reaction Score
We add Azura, whom Maryland can't match. We add Megan, whom Maryland can't match. Plus, we add Batouly, Lexi, Mikayla, and Andi. That's just next year. Then we add Charli and maybe Christyn. I like our chances, though the Terps could be our primary challenger. I think that next year's game--at UConn--will not be as close.
Yep. Frankly, I'd love to play Frese again this year with a healthy team. I like our chances.

Reaction Score
How could we not be? But I doubt you would have said that 12 games into Mo's career. Geno has a grand plan for Crystal and it doesn't include throwing her into the fire all at once, I think.

Reaction Score
We had to play soft defense in the last 10-12 minutes because of foul trouble. Almost all of Maryland's buckets over that span were inside or from Slocum outside the arc.
Absolutely. Sad to see that. we're one big or "biggish" away from being bullet proof on this. Keep thinking if Batouly had come originally, or Morgan had stayed, or De'Janae hadn't transferred....

Reaction Score
"First, Kia Nurse drained a 3. Then Napheesa Collier curled around a screen and sank a layup. Gabby Williams, who had assisted on the previous two baskets, made a jumper of her own, assisted by Collier. And the ailing l Samuelson made a 3 of her own and was clocked by Blair Watson as she did so. Samuelson’s roar was audible in the now-silenced Maryland arena as she sat on the floor and pumped her fists in the air. Another 3 by Nurse, and the seemingly manageable morphed into the unforgiving reality of Connecticut, 25 months and counting. The scoreboard read 50-31; a 14-0 run had ended the suspense."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/29/sports/ncaabasketball/uconn-huskies-maryland-terrapins.html?_r=0

I love that she roars.

“I set the schedule up so that this wouldn’t happen,” Auriemma told ESPN’s Kara Lawson after the game. “And it’s happened. I’m flabbergasted.”

UConn women's basketball win streak reaches 87, and it isn't ending anytime soon

No seasons off for you Geno!
Poor Geno too sick to even shave or is this the new West Side Story side of Geno???
I always suspected he was a Jett walking into the arena with his 'gang" snapping his
fingers!! You knew who would win that "rumble"!!

Reaction Score
I would welcome another game with Maryland.............they may think that they closed the gap but their two freshman had career best games while UConn had a sick KLS and two key players saddled with four fouls each

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I would welcome another game with Maryland...they may think that they closed the gap but their two freshman had career best games while UConn had a sick KLS and two key players saddled with four fouls each

Curious about how Gabby was feeling. She looked pretty green in the handshake line.

Reaction Score
Curious about how Gabby was feeling. She looked pretty green in the handshake line.

That's very possible..........these illnesses tend to travel from player to player during the season..........I was hoping the Central Florida game was home so the team could get some rest but that is not the case...........I suppose if they have to travel, Florida is not such a bad place to go

Reaction Score
Norovirus is going around and around and around (I speak from experience!). I thought Pheesa looked stricken too. It goes through most younger people in a day or less, but onset is very, very sudden. If that's what Lou had (most probably), it's a good bet that everyone on the team has/had it, including coaches, trainers, etc. It's extremely contagious and they're in close quarters, like on a cruise ship....

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Is this not incorrect grammar...In a headline, no less

UConn (singular)...correct verb form: seems
I know, it's close...could claim that UConn is a they, but I thinks seems is more correct as written.

Kib,where are you when we need you.

Could be a proofing error: "UConn is three wins away and seem unstoppable." The first verb (is) agrees with the subject, but the second (seem) does not. UConn is a single basketball team.

Reaction Score
Is this not incorrect grammar...In a headline, no less

UConn (singular)...correct verb form: seems
I know, it's close...could claim that UConn is a they, but I thinks seems is more correct as written.

Kib,where are you when we need you.

Agree 100%. I nearly didn't post it because of that ...seriously, this is one of my hot buttons that I'm trying to learn to live with. In the english that I learned, all collective nouns get a singular verb. (with the exception of collective nouns that end in "s." We wouldn't say the Huskies "is.") But all other collective nouns; "is."

However, the British don't believe in collective nouns and always use a plural verb. That influence is invading our shores. We're seeing it more and more in print now. :mad:

Reaction Score
Poor Geno too sick to even shave or is this the new West Side Story side of Geno???
I always suspected he was a Jett walking into the arena with his 'gang" snapping his
GenoAndTheJets.jpg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Maybe he is superstitious and wont shave until he loses a game? :rolleyes:

I know I may be a little out of bounds but handsome men should shave. Let us less blessed carry stubble and beards.

Reaction Score
If a person is writing a formal or legal letter or communications--then proper/accepted/ writing practices are expected and should be presented. But, in Boneyard, or less formal pursuits --the measure, whether in spelling or Grammatical correctness, the only function that should be accepted is: Does the reader understand the posting. If the answer is YES, then it's purpose has been fulfilled.
Critics should remember ---it has been many years since we passed a test of that nature-3rd grade has long been forgotten.

Most newsprint or magazines no longer use Proof Readers---everything is cost. Those that print the written word are not in the forefront of that which has been written. Trillions of words are written via the internet. The new norm. An aside:
the acceptable and usable words have been evolving/changing since the first dictionary was written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom