Post AAC and USF | The Boneyard

Post AAC and USF

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Perhaps my memory is false but I thought part of UConn’s separation agreement with the AAC was that they were supposed to schedule occasional games with their former conference. Anyone have thoughts on this?

I miss our rivalry with USF and am glad to see that they’re ranked again. I hope we’ll be able to play them again in the future.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
There was rumor at the abrupt end of last season that UConn and USF were working on playing for the 2021 - 2022 season.

Geno and Jose are very good friends and wine buddies. Both want to continue playing each other.

Reaction Score
Perhaps my memory is false but I thought part of UConn’s separation agreement with the AAC was that they were supposed to schedule occasional games with their former conference. Anyone have thoughts on this?

I miss our rivalry with USF and am glad to see that they’re ranked again. I hope we’ll be able to play them again in the future.
I don't think we are contractually obligated to play any of those teams ever again. That would be weird. No other team that has changed conferences does that.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I don't think we are contractually obligated to play any of those teams ever again. That would be weird. No other team that has changed conferences does that.
I know it would be weird under normal circumstances but I thought that was a condition of the conference allowing UConn to depart early.

Reaction Score

I think what you remember is that UCONN and USF were going to sign a contract to play, but it'll be a few seasons before schedules opened up to allow that. I don't think it was part of our separation from the American that we had to play each other.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Normally, Geno has 13 OOC games he's allowed to schedule. I doubt he'd schedule 13 top 20 teams. There will be top non ranked teams on the schedule too, but no "tin cans". Geno and Jose are friends, and would welcome a game with each other. USF always gave UConn a good game. Jose won't shy away from UConn. He'd welcome the challenge.

I would like to see them on our OOC schedule EVERY year.............along with our usual regulars (South Carolina, Notre Dame and Baylor), I'd like to see Arkansas, Stanford, UCLA, Louisville, Oregon and maybe Mississippi St., Texas and Texas A&M added to the list.

THIS 11 game "gauntlet" would get us ready for the season. ;) I dare say it would be BY FAR the toughest OCC schedule in D-1 WCBB, and a great recruiting tool. At least 9 of them would be on national TV, i.e., ESPN, FS1, etc Games against BIG East opponents would seem like a cake walk after playing these teams. :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Saw something were we play USF in one of those short limited Caribbean tournament's next year !

Reaction Score

Okay to play them but it wasn't a rivalry.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Okay to play them but it wasn't a rivalry.
It wasn't a rivalry but it was the only AAC team that came close to giving us a good game. Jose had a lot of foreign players that were dangerous shooters, although they usually fizzled out when they played UCONN. Not having UCONN in the league is allowing them to have a pretty high rating this year, and an AAC title.

Reaction Score
I am sure USF will get on the schedule post COVID. I see basically USF and DePaul exchanging spots between in conference and out of conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom