Possible portal targets | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Possible portal targets

Reaction Score
so, does this mean we waive the normal allotted 85 scholly max during this time period?
No. It means that, for the moment, there is no limit on how many you can bring in during one year. Meaning that, if you wanted to, you get get rid of your entire roster now and bring in 85 new players, portal, JUCOs and or freshmen, for next fall. You used to only be able to bring in 25 new players in one year, although that rule had all sorts of exceptions and weird ways you determine the number.

Reaction Score
I didn’t see the RB from Ball State on the latest list of offers. Did he remove himself from the portal? He seemed to be just the guy we need to replace Burns. Also, Mora said there are a few that have not announced yet? If so, then why the silent commitment? Maybe I am not understanding it right???

Reaction Score
I didn’t see the RB from Ball State on the latest list of offers. Did he remove himself from the portal? He seemed to be just the guy we need to replace Burns. Also, Mora said there are a few that have not announced yet? If so, then why the silent commitment? Maybe I am not understanding it right???
Committed to UCLA a while ago.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the reply. Did we offer him? Not that it matters any more.
Not sure, but we have to be realistic. Dude was stud with his choice of P5s, due to outstanding production backed up with rushing stats. Burns did not have that type of production when he came here. Takes a little more projection of what a kid can do, versus what he has done for a program like ours at the moment.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Thanks for the reply. Did we offer him? Not that it matters any more.
Its possible we offered. Sometimes you just don't know for sure unless someone from the athlete's camp speaks up because the schools are not allowed to discuss their offers and sometimes the kids just don't bother declaring all their offers.

Reaction Score
Marquis Wilson CB and Jaden Dottin WR both from CT and both are in the Transfer Portal from Penn State this week.

Reaction Score
Marquis Wilson CB and Jaden Dottin WR both from CT and both are in the Transfer Portal from Penn State this week.

Attachments

• C5C6BCD4-FA19-42C2-92EB-C851FA42BB1E.png
    C5C6BCD4-FA19-42C2-92EB-C851FA42BB1E.png
    238.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 5697B8C1-6014-4DE8-82B3-5A990C01D042.png
    5697B8C1-6014-4DE8-82B3-5A990C01D042.png
    508.7 KB · Views: 201
Reaction Score
If it is as it appears and we have two remaining transfers to announce what 2 positions do you think we should prioritize, now that on paper we have shored up the secondary, DL, and TE pretty well?

1. Center
2. RB
3. LB
4. WR
5. QB

Reaction Score
If it is as it appears and we have two remaining transfers to announce what 2 positions do you think we should prioritize, now that on paper we have shored up the secondary, DL, and TE pretty well?

1. Center
2. RB
3. LB
4. WR
5. QB
WR and RB

Reaction Score

1. Center
2. RB
3. LB
4. WR
5. QB
I think Fortin is ready at C.. We need him to be... He's been around for a minute... With that in mind, we need a RB & impact WR & playmaking LB

Reaction Score

It makes sense that Roberson would reach out to Jaden. I'm sure that there's a past relationship that they can build on from their scout team days in HV. Admittedly I'm not sure of what Mora is looking for to fit his schemes, but as an outsider I can tell you that Penn State has some good athletes and solid kids in the portal that were a bit buried on the depth chart there. I'm curious to see if he kicks the tires on any of them considering the needs being listed in this thread.

WR-Dottin from Mass played HS Football in CT.
CB/PR- Wilson good athlete at CB albeit he plays a bit loose at times. Gives added value on specials. Another CT Player.
RB- Lee from Florida. Big back runs with power and good pad level. Lacks top end speed. He'll be a starter somewhere in 23.
LB- Buddin from Michigan. Good athlete, a bit raw at the position but there is something to work with there.

Reaction Score
It makes sense that Roberson would reach out to Jaden. I'm sure that there's a past relationship that they can build on from their scout team days in HV. Admittedly I'm not sure of what Mora is looking for to fit his schemes, but as an outsider I can tell you that Penn State has some good athletes and solid kids in the portal that were a bit buried on the depth chart there. I'm curious to see if he kicks the tires on any of them considering the needs being listed in this thread.

WR-Dottin from Mass played HS Football in CT.
CB/PR- Wilson good athlete at CB albeit he plays a bit loose at times. Gives added value on specials. Another CT Player.
RB- Lee from Florida. Big back runs with power and good pad level. Lacks top end speed. He'll be a starter somewhere in 23.
LB- Buddin from Michigan. Good athlete, a bit raw at the position but there is something to work with there.
Mora now follows Wilson and the last two transfers that Roberson did an eyeball tweet to are now commited to UConn

Reaction Score
Do people get more excited about an FCS kid with solid stats or highly recruited P5 transfer that never broke into his school's rotation?

Personally I get more pumped for the FCS kid who produced, and will come here with something to prove.

Both obviously can excel.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Do people get more excited about an FCS kid with solid stats or highly recruited P5 transfer that never broke into his school's rotation?

Personally I get more pumped for the FCS kid who produced, and will come here with something to prove.

Both obviously can excel.
I like both - a mix is good.

Of course the best are kids that got plenty of snaps in P5, but as we have seen not too many of those kids ever fall out of P5 orbit.

Reaction Score

Of course the best are kids that got plenty of snaps in P5, but as we have seen not too many of those kids ever fall out of P5 orbit.
We got a few on D last year and they helped a lot.

Reaction Score

Yeah in our situation its good to have a mix. Shearin and Bouyer-Randle were pretty damned good, though Guidone was probably the top overall transfer.

Reaction Score
Yeah in our situation its good to have a mix. Shearin and Bouyer-Randle were pretty damned good, though Guidone was probably the top overall transfer.
Guidone was great but bringing in a third strong LB to support Mitchell and Swenson was an ELITE get in my opinion

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom