Possible portal targets | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Possible portal targets

Reaction Score
Don't you guys think the issue is we are out of spots? That we need to see movement out to correspond with movement in?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Don't you guys think the issue is we are out of spots? That we need to see movement out to correspond with movement in?
One would think we'd see some movement now that the bowl is over. I have a feeling we'll see some spots open up and that the staff and has word out to possible transfer recruits. (I have ZERO knowledge of anything, just spitballing)

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
IMHO, Austin Aune fits the profile of remaining and available portal QBs who would plug in best at UConn. 1-2 years of eligibility left (depending on his COVID/red shirt years status), and he gives the other QBs already in the locker room time to develop.

He's mature, stable, confident and successful at a respectable G5 level, the MLB pros (NYY), and is most likely looking for a coach (and program) that can help him get NFL visibility ASAP given his age. He doesn't have a lot of time to follow those dreams of playing in the NFL if that's what he's chasing. HCJM and OCNC would just need to re-adjust the O to be more pro-style QB oriented which, BTW, doesn't seem to be such an outdated concept in the NFL these days.

Reaction Score
IMHO, Austin Aune fits the profile of remaining and available portal QBs who would plug in best at UConn. 1-2 years of eligibility left (depending on his COVID/red shirt years status), and he gives the other QBs already in the locker room time to develop.

He's mature, stable, confident and successful at a respectable G5 level, the MLB pros (NYY), and is most likely looking for a coach (and program) that can help him get NFL visibility ASAP given his age. He doesn't have a lot of time to follow those dreams of playing in the NFL if that's what he's chasing. HCJM and OCNC would just need to re-adjust the O to be more pro-style QB oriented which, BTW, doesn't seem to be such an outdated concept in the NFL these days.
Can he play baseball too? Or did he give up that by getting paid?

Reaction Score
There have been a couple of tweets about new players joining the Huskies. No word if they are HS or portal.

Reaction Score
Never say never. Kid basically played his high school ball on our campus... bring him back home. Opportunity is knocking
Also if he wants to get into coaching, then UConn could be an ideal starting place for him to be a GA after he finishes his final year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
Not that I think we have a chance, but he's a local kid

EA77CF1D-09B5-4AD8-8179-A6D06E8EF98D.jpeg

Reaction Score
You guys are nuts. Bothroyd isn't transferring from Wake to go to UConn. He's gonna step up a level and showcase his talents on a bigger stage to prep for the draft.

Reaction Score
He is literally from Storrs Mansfield. Wonder if he’s just sending the tweet from his literal home.
I read that he is from Willington and went to highschool in Storrs, but that info could be wrong or maybe he sent it from a coffee shop or friend's house.
Regardless, IMO he's going somewhere that he can maximize his snaps to get numbers that attract attention. If he's sharing time with equally good or better players, then he won't improve his draft stock.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
You guys are nuts. Bothroyd isn't transferring from Wake to go to UConn. He's gonna step up a level and showcase his talents on a bigger stage to prep for the draft.
The optimist in me wants to think otherwise, but Notre Dame and Tennessee pundits are drooling over this kid. Unless he truly wants to come home, no chance. Zero. Point. Zero.

Reaction Score

Exactly.

Reaction Score
yeah I thought I saw something on one of the shows that he's expected to go to Notre Dame

Reaction Score
i did preface my first post with his portal announcement by saying i didnt think we had a shot, but im sure the coaches will check the temperature on him. Sometimes a kid will come back close to home because of a family issue. That said, I still don't think we have a chance

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom