Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Freshmen: stone(?), Enoch
Sophomore: Lubin
Junior: Facey, Brima
Senior: Nolan

Seems like if we get stone we'll be stacked at big next year, something we haven't seen in awhile. Maybe Enoch could redshirt and continue to get better while maintaining eligibility. It's early but I'm excited about the future.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If Enoch is told he's redshirting, he's going to transfer. That's not happening.

Reaction Score
If we get Stone, I really do firmly believe the team is destined for a final four and NC. Everyone returning except Boat. Adams, from what I've read is BIG TIME and will be ready immediately to replace Boat. A more developed Hamilton, Purvis, Facey and Brimah to go along with a healthy Calhoun...very dangerous team. Even if we dont get stone which I dont think we will, I still firmly believe we are a NC contender. But we NEED to recruit a shooter, preferably a 5th year transfer that can play right away and provide leadership

PG: Adams
SG: Purv
SF: Hamilton
PF: Facey
C: Brimah
6th man: Omar
7th: TSam

All 5 starters next year will have the potential to be first or second team all conference (obviously wont happen that way but I wouldnt be surprised by any of them making the list is my point)

Reaction Score
Only issue is that one of this years chief weaknesses, ball handling, does not really get better. We trade Adams for Boat, which is a loss on experience if nothing else, and then we have to hope that Purvis, DHam, etc can become better w/ the ball. We're going to be asking/expecting a ton from Adams from day one.

Reaction Score
Well hopefully with multiple developed scoring options we can hide the fact that we won't have any elite ball handlers by moving the ball a ton on offense. As much as I loved Shabazz and love Boat, they are ball stoppers. Numerous possessions are spent dribbling at the top of the key for 25 seconds and then trying to make something happen at the end of the shot clock. It works when you have a handle and can score like they can but next year we will have to change that.

Reaction Score
If we get Stone, I really do firmly believe the team is destined for a final four and NC. Everyone returning except Boat. Adams, from what I've read is BIG TIME and will be ready immediately to replace Boat. A more developed Hamilton, Purvis, Facey and Brimah to go along with a healthy Calhoun...very dangerous team. Even if we dont get stone which I dont think we will, I still firmly believe we are a NC contender. But we NEED to recruit a shooter, preferably a 5th year transfer that can play right away and provide leadership

PG: Adams
SG: Purv
SF: Hamilton
PF: Facey
C: Brimah
6th man: Omar
7th: TSam

All 5 starters next year will have the potential to be first or second team all conference (obviously wont happen that way but I wouldnt be surprised by any of them making the list is my point)

Nope. It takes a great guard two or three years to make the lay ups in traffic, amongst the bigs, that Boat made yesterday. Adams will probably get there but not in his freshman year. If he can then we will have something extraordinary.

Reaction Score

Seems like if we get stone we'll be stacked at big next year, something we haven't seen in awhile. Maybe Enoch could redshirt and continue to get better while maintaining eligibility. It's early but I'm excited about the future.
I think Nolans minutes disappear completely. Hes already behind Lubin:eek:

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
You cant say if enoch is asked to redshirt he leaves..I dont think this would be our strategy but it happens in CBB all the time.. Players see the benefits of being able to improve and learn while not spending a year coming off the bench while also going to the school you've always wanted to go too...

Reaction Score
Speaking of redshirt, who's the last meaningful player that redshirted (not counting transfers)? I think Michael Bradley was the last redshirt, but he never played a game for us. I also remember Calhoun regretted not redshirting Gavin Edwards.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
We'll probably need a 5th year / transfer Craig Austrie for next year. He'd be perfect.

Reaction Score
tcf15 said:
Speaking of redshirt, who's the last meaningful player that redshirted (not counting transfers)? I think Michael Bradley was the last redshirt, but he never played a game for us. I also remember Calhoun regretted not redshirting Gavin Edwards.

Almost never happens at our level, since a meaningful player won't want to cost themselves a year of earning potential without a transfer or injury. Justin Brown may have been our last who played (redshirted in 1999, played through 2003). Different in football, where the year in the weight room is significant (and you only have so many violent hits in your body). And different at lower levels of DI where more kids try to maximize their college experience rather than think about the next level. Years ago, Wisky redshirted a McDonalds AA (Brian Butch, I think) who was something like 7-0, 210 and they thought the weight room would be beneficial. But that's incredibly rare.

A couple times we should have - Albie barely played after coming in mid year. Same with Wolf. Or Hilton barely played. But ultimately, you are worried about that season and the value of the extra body usually trumps the five-year plan.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Gonzaga does this quite a bit Kelly Olynyk and they have one this year I believe... Cooney chose to red shirt for cuse... If you can get the player to buy into it, it will do wonders for him...

Reaction Score
Nope. It takes a great guard two or three years to make the lay ups in traffic, amongst the bigs, that Boat made yesterday. Adams will probably get there but not in his freshman year. If he can then we will have something extraordinary.

I saw adams play and he was amazing, but I tend to agree with this. The two plays by Boat were SICK. The one where he went through 3 guys on the right side he had no business making and the one on the left side with his right hand, OMG, I play ball that move was off the charts. I have a hard time understanding how he can do that without getting blocked, he basically beat 3 people, the first 2 he just blew by, which frankly is not a surprise cause he is a freak athlete. The third guy should come and pin that shot but the way he shoots it with his right hand its like he is almost pressing it on the glass and there is no time to block it. I am so impressed by Boatright, last year it seemed like he got blocked on all of those. This year he is straight unstoppable. This one thing is a fact, NOBODY in the country can stay in front of him. As our other guys begin to emerge as threats they were not be able to help on him as much and the offense will get much more potent

Reaction Score
Need a second player who can handle the ball, a VG combo guard. JC or 5th year senior.

Reaction Score
Only issue is that one of this years chief weaknesses, ball handling, does not really get better. We trade Adams for Boat, which is a loss on experience if nothing else, and then we have to hope that Purvis, DHam, etc can become better w/ the ball. We're going to be asking/expecting a ton from Adams from day one.

I know I keep beating the same drum but ........Somehow someway KO needs to bring in another ball handler for next year.

Stone would be a great get but another ball handler is vital

I don't think any of the guys coming back are turning into Marques Haynes over the summer.

Reaction Score

I doubt UConn would ask Enoch to redshirt next year but if they did and he decided not to go to UConn he still would have to sit out all next year at another school since he signed a NLOI.

Reaction Score
I doubt UConn would ask Enoch to redshirt next year but if they did and he decided not to go to UConn he still would have to sit out all next year at another school since he signed a NLOI.

That would be the case only if UConn didn't release him from his NLOI which they certainly would

Reaction Score
That would be the case only if UConn didn't release him from his NLOI which they certainly would
Correct. I think we can all agree this is a moot point anyway since UConn isn't asking him to redshirt and even if they did UConn would require Enoch to agree to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom