Possible New NCAA Transfer Rules | The Boneyard

Possible New NCAA Transfer Rules

Reaction Score
they're working on it although nobody knows what the final rules will be:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
So does that mean:

That college BB, including woman (and whatever other sports)
will more resemble the free agency of professional baseball, basketball, football, whatever...only potentially more chaotic?

A kid with high GPA has a disagreement with a coach, can transfer...and is immediately eligible...?

Geno can go shopping for a center?

Nuts!

Reaction Score
So does that mean:

That college BB, including woman (and whatever other sports)
will more resemble the free agency of professional baseball, basketball, football, whatever...only potentially more chaotic?

A kid with high GPA has a disagreement with a coach, can transfer...and is immediately eligible...?

Geno can go shopping for a center?

Nuts!
To me it reads like ALL 4 conditions must be met, including that the player’s original school must not oppose the transfer.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That high GPA does not apply. Academic analysis is simply eligibility (2.0) GPA and probably % of degree completed. Really minimum requirements!

To me it reads like ALL 4 conditions must be met, including that the player’s original school must not oppose the transfer.
Well if I'm a student and my school opposes the transfer I say that that affects my "well being".

This is transfer for all with no waiting unless you were not eligible to play at your prior school!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Seems like the NCAA codified the Jessica Shepard ruling.

Mitigating circumstances that are outside the student-athlete's control and directly impact his/her health, safety and well being. In other words, personal reasons.

Nebraska did not oppose the transfer.

The only condition missing is that the new institution has lost a player to an ACL tear.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Seems like the NCAA codified the Jessica Shepard ruling.
Mitigating circumstances that are outside the student-athlete's control and directly impact his/her health, safety and well being. In other words, personal reasons.
Nebraska did not oppose the transfer.
The only condition missing is that the new institution has lost a player to an ACL tear.
Only by coincidence though. Seems the NCAA is more worried about some possible bad press & litigation regarding football players for this up coming season.
"Which is really smart on the part of the NCAA. If all (or many) football and basketball players are going to be able to transfer and play immediately in a year or two, the NCAA created a way to grant waivers to cases they'd get pounded on in the media in the meantime."

NCAA adopted an immediate eligibility transfer amendment

Reaction Score
they're working on it although nobody knows what the final rules will be:

I love the new rules... If you are Azara Stevens going to UCONN you sit out a year... if you are Jessica Shepard going to Notre Dame... you play right away. Seems fair.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom