Possible new name for the Big East... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Possible new name for the Big East...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only intrigue here is that it would put us ahead of the ACC alphabetically
Is the Big 15 taken? Big 17? Big FB - Bigger BB? AAC = Alcoholic Advocates Conference? Just throwing stuff against a wall here...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I was mostly kidding about the message board part, but you know as well as I do that the only reason an agency would be consulted is to cya and appease the group (and the respective boards of trustees to whom they report) with the appearance of an independent study. I didn't read the part about a major rebranding campaign. Of course that would warrant a PR firm or the like. I understood that they were looking for alternate ideas for a "tweak" or "twist" on the existing name, which is what I thought the article reported. IMO the only reason to hire an agency for that aspect would be for cya and to appease a group. Do you really think that the resulting name will be appreciably better--or any different at all--by hiring an agency that is likely filled with the very same types of people who are posting here? And, exactly, who do you think the target audience is? Bingo.
Exactly. If this was rebranding then professionals would be my choice. This is name tweaking 101. And of course cahusky has failed to demonstrate that his opinion doesn't come from one of the mutton heads he claims exists on this board. Of course just kidding cahusky. Your opinions are usually very grounded. So give us a name because the agency paid probably doesn't have any better light bulbs than a few of us here including yourself.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me - but I can't imagine a large organization like the Big East consulting message boards for input on decisions. And I'm glad they wouldn't.
Wait, the Big East leadership is smarter than a bunch of message board mutton heads? Coulda fooled me.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Exactly. If this was rebranding then professionals would be my choice. This is name tweaking 101. And of course cahusky has failed to demonstrate that his opinion doesn't come from one of the mutton heads he claims exists on this board. Of course just kidding cahusky. Your opinions are usually very grounded. So give us a name because the agency paid probably doesn't have any better light bulbs than a few of us here including yourself.

By definition, if you change the name it becomes a re-branding exercise. Having executed a number of them over the years I feel relatively qualified to pontificate to you unwashed mutton heads. I guess its moot as it sounds like the BE decided there was too much brand equity to walk away from the current name.

Reaction Score
By definition, if you change the name it becomes a re-branding exercise. Having executed a number of them over the years I feel relatively qualified to pontificate to you unwashed mutton heads. I guess its moot as it sounds like the BE decided there was too much brand equity to walk away from the current name.
Congrats on your achievements. Hug yourself accordingly.

Reaction Score
I ditto BIG-WEST CONFERENCE. Simple tweak without losing any single word from the original. Red Necks & Storrs Conference is tempting, though.

Reaction Score
Those teams agreed to join the "Big East". They knew what they were getting into. Just because they're new to the conference, doesn't mean they need special treatment.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
As an unabashed, unwashed mutton head and proud of it, I recognized an ulterior motive in your dismissal of my original advocacy and you have confirmed it. But as you said this is all a mootin head point anyways.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
As an unabashed, unwashed mutton head and proud of it, I recognized an ulterior motive in your dismissal of my original advocacy and you have confirmed it. But as you said this is all a mootin head point anyways.

1. I was joking
2. What is my ulterior motive?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I ditto BIG-WEST CONFERENCE. Simple tweak without losing any single word from the original. Red Necks & Storrs Conference is tempting, though.
You lose the word East...

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
How about the NEWS Conference as in North-East-West-South. Then all we would need is an exclusive contract with FOX. The NCAA would have to leave us alone if we are Fair & Balanced, right?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
read on the espn ticker the other day that theyre not renaming but trying some other media practices or something, forget exactly what it said

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Joking as well - job security.
Since im relatively confident the BE wasn't considering hiring me for the job it wouldn't effect my job security. I do sales/marketing for a resort destination, not an agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom