Possible New Commit | The Boneyard

Possible New Commit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I heard through the grapevine that we may have a new commit coming in January. He is Drew Ghio who was a lineman at Bristol Central and played at a prep school ( not sure which one) this past fall. All I know about him is that he has real good size and is pretty athletic. Besides football in high school he was also on the BC hoop team. Not sure if he would come in as a full scholarship player or as a preferred walkon. Nice to keep the CT kids playing at home. Wondering if anyone has heard anything about this.

Reaction Score
I heard through the grapevine that we may have a new commit coming in January. He is Drew Ghio who was a lineman at Bristol Central and played at a prep school ( not sure which one) this past fall. All I know about him is that he has real good size and is pretty athletic. Besides football in high school he was also on the BC hoop team. Not sure if he would come in as a full scholarship player or as a preferred walkon. Nice to keep the CT kids playing at home. Wondering if anyone has heard anything about this.

Is he any relation to Fred Ghio, who played basketball for Dom Perno's St. Paul teams in the early 1970's & later played for Holy Cross? Fred was a classmate of mine at St. Paul.

Reaction Score
Is he any relation to Fred Ghio, who played basketball for Dom Perno's St. Paul teams in the early 1970's & later played for Holy Cross? Fred was a classmate of mine at St. Paul.
I believe Fred is his uncle.

Reaction Score
Joe,

Is this Billy Ghio's kid? If so, expect a big Dunkin Donuts tie in.

Billy had the best jumper at the BBC back in the day

Reaction Score
Joe,

Is this Billy Ghio's kid? If so, expect a big Dunkin Donuts tie in.

Billy had the best jumper at the BBC back in the day
Drew is Bill's youngest son. Billy was a very good player in his day and could really shoot it. I believe he played JV hoop ( they actually had JV teams back then) at Providence College in the mid 70's. I have seen Drew play a few times in High School. I wasn't specially watching him or am I an expert in football scouting. But he has very good size, seems to be a pretty athletic kid for his size and I heard he is a hard worker. Also spoke to him a few times and seems like a great kid.
Again this is a rumor I heard, so I do not know how true it is. But if correct he seems to be someone with potential.

Reaction Score
Looks like Drew Ghio will come in January and be a preferred walk-on. Confirmed on TOS. The January part is what I am hearing from Bristol rumor mill.

Reaction Score
Ucjoet, a correction has been made, and the key word is ‘possible’ , as no definite word has been announced yet… just allot of scuttlebutt and various posts… lets root fro him though...

Reaction Score
Ucjoet, a correction has been made, and the key word is ‘possible’ , as no definite word has been announced yet… just allot of scuttlebutt and various posts… lets root fro him though...
The Bristol source ( on this topic) I have is a pretty good one. But I 100% agree you never really know the actual truth until the player arrives on campus. From what I know he (Drew) and his family would love to have him at UConn. I think he would be a great addition. Someone that has a lot of potential. Great size, athletic, hard worker and a good kid from a nice family. I also am rooting for him and i hope he ends up at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom