Possible future opponents? | The Boneyard

Possible future opponents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
We've heard Geno say that it can be difficult to get new home/home series with creditable opponents.

Two suggestions?

Texas Tech...perhaps replacing Baylor.
Iowa State...a bit of history there with our loss to them in the sweet 16 of the 1999 Dance.
They get good support in Ames...their fan base treats the players as do most UConn fans here...'our girls'.

I would hope these two would embrace the challenge if Geno called....unlike a few other powers who
duck.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Iowa State or Iowa would be a good match up because of Kiah.

I wouldn't mind a home/away series with Gonzaga as they have a good fan base and the game would probably sell out. The game could be scheduled around the Oregon game and make a nice road trip for the team.

How about Ball State as the home game for Kelly and Indianapolis and it is a fertile recruiting ground. I do realize with games against Cincinnati and Notre Dame, UConn already plays in Indiana.

I would also like to see a home/away series with Marist as they are the best mid level Div 1 program in the Northeast. They could replace the game against Syracuse when they move to the ACC.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
How about Ball State as the home game for Kelly and Indianapolis and it is a fertile recruiting ground. I do realize with games against Cincinnati and Notre Dame, UConn already plays in Indiana.

Cincinnati??

I would also like to see a home/away series with Marist as they are the best mid level Div 1 program in the Northeast. They could replace the game against Syracuse when they move to the ACC.

And the girls are foxes too.:rolleyes:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I know Cincinnati is in Ohio but its only two hours from Indianapolis which makes it easy commute time to watch a game for Kelly's family or recruits. Bad phrasing of the sentence by my part in my original post.

Reaction Score
Possibly San Diego State as indicated today on ESPN.com. San Diego State will schedule four games with the Big East every season.

blaqtech

Longtime Louisville Lover
Reaction Score
Well if we are going for competitive game and attendance, I would say go for Kentucky and Maryland.
Vanderbilt and Nebraska maybe.
Michigan or Michigan State would be good teams to talk with.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Possibly San Diego State as indicated today on ESPN.com. San Diego State will schedule four games with the Big East every season.
i think the men are working on a home/home with them. clearly i'm a big fan of the hoops programs playing each other. road trip to SD anyone??!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Iowa State has a good coach and a unique brand of basketball. They also have very, very strong fan support.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I know Cincinnati is in Ohio but its only two hours from Indianapolis which makes it easy commute time to watch a game for Kelly's family or recruits. Bad phrasing of the sentence by my part in my original post.

Yea Indiana is a really thin state. I assumed you knew where it was (although there are lots of people who are geographically challenged...especially about the midwest) and your phrasing was off a little. :)

Reaction Score
A west coast wing adding Gonzaga to Stanford would be good.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Kentucky and NC State.. possibly Virginia. Kentucky should be really good for the next few years. NC State.... well you guys already play Duke and UNC... might as well complete the Research Triangle Trifecta :cool: Plus you guys could make it be a Jimmy V's Classic game...... which would be perfect considering the history of NC State. I think they are an up and coming program.

Reaction Score
we already play cincy... they are part of the big east..............

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
USC would be a good opponent. See KML go toe-to-toe with her former Mater Dei teammates Jordan Adams, Alexyz Vaioletama, and Karina Alofaituli.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I imagine the team would vote for Hawaii.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I thought Hawaii was joining the Big East? Just teasing.

Reaction Score
We've heard Geno say that it can be difficult to get new home/home series with creditable opponents.

Two suggestions?

Iowa State...a bit of history there with our loss to them in the sweet 16 of the 1999 Dance.
They get good support in Ames...their fan base treats the players as do most UConn fans here...'our girls'.

I would hope these two would embrace the challenge if Geno called....unlike a few other powers who
duck.
Kristy Curry has been accused of scheduling cupcakes in OOC. A home-home against UConn would shock a lot of people, just seeing it on the schedule.

Back in the nineties and early two-thousands, when Texas Tech was usually a top-15 team, they played some home and home series against Stanford (4-9 vs Stanford) and one against Tennessee (0-5 vs Tenn).

Texas Tech has never played Connecticut.
Now that the Lady Raiders seem to be (I hope they are) on the way back up, who knows? It could happen.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
USC would be a good opponent. See KML go toe-to-toe with her former Mater Dei teammates Jordan Adams, Alexyz Vaioletama, and Karina Alofaituli.
Very good with those tough (or is it "tuff"?) names. How did a kid named Adams wind up with the other 3? No wonder they used nicknames like KML and Kiki. :)

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Marist and Green Bay! Watching UConn play another well coached team would be a blessing after the eye gouging that was Rutgers-Tennessee.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
UConn -Seton Hall doesn't look so bad now, does it.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
USC sounds fine. Does UConn try and schedule games in or near the hometown of its players. If so playing USC, or UCLA would cover both LE and KML.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
USC sounds fine. Does UConn try and schedule games in or near the hometown of its players. If so playing USC, or UCLA would cover both LE and KML.
Not every year but they do, especially, try to do that Sr. Year.

Reaction Score

Two suggestions?

duck.
I really like this thread; convert it to a survey?
See who gets the most votes - interesting, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom