Positive Trip | The Boneyard

Positive Trip

Reaction Score
Tonight was absolutely frustrating to watch from the refs stalling us at every turn, to us missing multiple layups defense, being spotty. It was a grind. But overall they still showed fight and didn’t quit.

We leave New York 1-1 with a win over a top 15 team and a lose from a future top 25 team. At the beginning of the year I’d having taken that in a heartbeat. We got the win we needed imo. The greedy fan in me wanted both but all in all we leave NY a better team than the one we showed up with. These guys now know they can play with good teams, and they also know if they aren’t focused they can and will lose.

We have some easier games coming up which I think we need. We should win out next 5 games imo. It’s time to bear down and get it done. We should feel really good about the effort and game our guys showed at MSG.

Shout out to guys like Cobb, and smith who showed us a lot in this tourney. Cobb May have earned himself a starting job. It’ll be interesting to see going forward

Much improved team. #InHurleyWeTrust

Reaction Score
Tonight was absolutely frustrating to watch from the refs stalling us at every turn, to us missing multiple layups defense, being spotty. It was a grind. But overall they still showed fight and didn’t quit.

We leave New York 1-1 with a win over a top 15 team and a lose from a future top 25 team. At the beginning of the year I’d having taken that in a heartbeat. We got the win we needed imo. The greedy fan in me wanted both but all in all we leave NY a better team than the one we showed up with. These guys now know they can play with good teams, and they also know if they aren’t focused they can and will lose.

We have some easier games coming up which I think we need. We should win out next 5 games imo. It’s time to bear down and get it done. We should feel really good about the effort and game our guys showed at MSG.

Shout out to guys like Cobb, and smith who showed us a lot in this tourney. Cobb May have earned himself a starting job. It’ll be interesting to see going forward

Much improved team. #InHurleyWeTrust
Good post. Progress. Need to get Diarra and Sid back. Think we played a little over our heads last night, especially with the shooting. And tonight we shot the ball about as bad as we could. Need to go home, win the games we should, and we need to beat Arizona at home.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I honestly thought we’d play cuse close but not win. Same thing tonight. Watching Iowa tonight they showed they’re 100x bettertban cuse and they beat Oregon who is legit. We have to correct turnovers, iso ball (which seemed to happen due to their defense), rebounding, and the missing of easy baskets. The easy baskets that we missed might have given us 8-10 points and would’ve kept the momentum going. We needed to play perfect with the way the refs were calling things

Reaction Score
Not trying to make us feel better, but watching Iowa in person for a little last night and the game tonight, they are a tournament team. They were a good offensive team last year, but horrible defensively. This year they have made themselves more competitive on that end, and now are a solid team. We helped them out by shooting so poorly, but they took care of a solid Oregon team last night, and us tonight. Not a bad loss, but a lost opportunity.

Reaction Score
it was a very positive trip, good and bad, lots of teaching points, we will be better for it

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Not trying to make us feel better, but watching Iowa in person for a little last night and the game tonight, they are a tournament team. They were a good offensive team last year, but horrible defensively. This year they have made themselves more competitive on that end, and now are a solid team. We helped them out by shooting so poorly, but they took care of a solid Oregon team last night, and us tonight. Not a bad loss, but a lost opportunity.
Cuse win last night made everyone think we are better than we are at this point. This brought us back down to earth. The kids cared about how this game went and I like that. Hurley needed the tech in the first half. Sid and Diarra will be huge for us. Carlton will be big for us moving on but he has to enjoy and expect contact. He plays scared at times. Recruiting in the coming years will fix needed holes and get us where we should be. Hurley has done a great job so far

Reaction Score
I left this tourney sure we’ll be playing postseason basketball this yr

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If anything, putting Williams would’ve been nice to to see him just body guys going for rebounds and lose balls

Reaction Score
Last year if we got down 25 with about 13 left there’s no way we’d have cut it to 13 with about 4 left. They didn’t quit, they didn’t get down on each other and play selfishly. Tough game, but a learning experience. I’d show some of the tape from Cuse when guys boxed out and then cut to Iowa when we didn’t.

All in all, we’re still a much better team than last year and we have reason to be positive.

Fruit fans however, yikes.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
There are always pluses and minuses. More of the latter than the former, obviously. But the guys all played hard. Cobb showed fire, touch, and basketball IQ. The D was aggressive, but the touch fouls took so much of that away, unfortunately.

However, we need less hero ball. A lot less. And we’ve got to clean up the turnovers, while simultaneously needing better ball movement.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Disappointing result, but everybody should know there will be bumps in the road

And I know I'm a homer, and I don't think they changed the outcome as Iowa played tougher and shot better, but gosh darn when will we be on the right side of all the bullsh!t calls? When are we going to be on the right side of such a huge free throw disparity? Not sure we've had that since JC retired. And are we the only team that travels? I just don't get it

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
There are always pluses and minuses. More of the latter than the former, obviously. But the guys all played hard. Cobb showed fire, touch, and basketball IQ. The D was aggressive, but the touch fouls took so much of that away, unfortunately.

However, we need less hero ball. A lot less. And we’ve got to clean up the turnovers, while simultaneously needing better ball movement.
The turnovers were just embarrassing. The amount and types of turnovers over the past two games

Reaction Score
I like seeing the late run, even if it didn't pay off. Shows some heart. Ollies teams wouldn't have had that in them.

Right now, big experienced teams will kill us. We knew this. This is a rebuild with ups and downs. No surprise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom