Position coaches... | The Boneyard

Position coaches...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... honestly, not too thrilled about guys coaching RBs, WRs, and DBs...

Reaction Score
There will be plenty of changes in coaches during the off season, no doubt. I think Coach P kept several of the staff because Randy left so late and axing alot of coaches would really hurt recruiting.

Reaction Score
There will be plenty of changes in coaches during the off season, no doubt. I think Coach P kept several of the staff because Randy left so late and axing alot of coaches would really hurt recruiting.

Maybe the change should be we let P go and keep Randy's old position coaches. (You opened the door and I just had to.)

Reaction Score
Clayton White.should NOT coach our RBs. Focus on special teams. Gimme a got that actually played the position. He was a lb during his.college and pro career. NEVER coached RBs on the college level now Coach P experiments with him there on our squad. This ain't NAIA ball guys. Hopefully we correct this mistake in the off season.

WR - A nuance that bothers me with this team is our inability sit in a spot that is open when our QB scrambles for his life to make a play with his ARM. Apparently we weren't taught to do this. That's a coaching issue. I live Sos but we must get better there too.

DBs - NOT good whatsoever. We've been impressive and more proof today. As mentioned in a previous thread, Byron Jones started at one CB spot today. Why.him? He's our starting Safety. Not one backup CB - Mack or Brandon - was good enough to see first team action? I digress.

Nuff said.

Reaction Score
You' re gonna blame a coach because th WRs can't catch a football? Blame only the people who did the recruiting.

Reaction Score
No. Not blaming coach for a kid nor catching the ball. Bare with me. you can only type so much while using a Droid phone.

Reaction Score
You' re gonna blame a coach because th WRs can't catch a football? Blame only the people who did the recruiting.

This is what I expect from position coaches on the team:

1. They must be good recruiters.
2. They must be good talent evaluators.
3. They must demand discipline and ensure that players to make continuous mistakes. In other words, they must have an immense knowledge of the position, and the ability to clearly communicate to the players.
4. If a player makes continuous mistakes, said player must be pulled from the game. Case in point is receivers who continue to show a complete lack of interest in blocking in the running game. This is a continuous issue. But as far as I know, no receiver has been benched, even for a couple plays, for this.

Of course a receivers coach is not responsible for players dropping the ball. But he is responsible for players running the wrong routes, failure to block, and unability to recognize coverages.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
White won't be coaching RB's next season. Unfortunately, the guy who may get pushed out in this move could be Perkins (who has done some nice recruiting and did some decent DB coaching under RE).

I'm guessing that the reason coach Brown took over the corners is because he prefers a rechnique different from what Perkins taught (it is open for debate which is better) and because of this I think Perkins will be on the chopping block (in favor of White, who has coached both DB's and LB's in the past). I personally would prefer White get moved to LB's (and in a perfect world, Richardson return as RB coach) but this is a pipe dream.

Reaction Score
On both kickoff returns Foxx ran right into the back of one of his blockers. He had his head down and looked like he wanted no part of contact. On the second return he fumbled. He also doesn't block when Nick returns the ball. Thankfully the coaches replaced him. Where is Taylor Mack?

Reaction Score
On both kickoff returns Foxx ran right into the back of one of his blockers. He had his head down and looked like he wanted no part of contact. On the second return he fumbled. He also doesn't block when Nick returns the ball. Thankfully the coaches replaced him. Where is Taylor Mack?

I replayed every kickoff return several times, and it is a team wide issue. Oof. The players starting the wedge were tip toeing up field. Not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom