Position Changes | The Boneyard

Position Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our offensive line is so bad, I spent some of last nights game looking at D Linemen than might be able to make the switch to O Line. No dice.

But after watching putrid play from our fullbacks, I got to thinking. Why not move Graham Stewart there next year? He has struggled mightily at LB this season, but I think he has the skills to be a very good fullback.

Any other players you think should make a switch?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I always thought Matt Walsh was a top notch linebacker in high school would make a good linebacker

Reaction Score
I always thought Matt Walsh was a top notch linebacker in high school would make a good linebacker

He was an excellent linebacker at Hand. Maybe flip Stewart for Walsh. Makes sense.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't think we have sufficient numbers (quantity of players) returning on the defensive line where we can afford a move such as what you are recommending.

My prediction (well, actually merely a guess) is that next year's starting offensive line will be Oak at center, Hopkins & Crozier at guards (unsure who will be left & right, not overly concerned), Rutherford at left tackle and either Levy or Knappe at right tackle (I believe that by next year Levy could be solid at RT, Knappe has intriguing size and athleticism but still has quite a bit to learn).

We still need to add four offensive linemen (minimum three on scholarship) in every recruiting class going forward. Having a full four deep (20 bodies) with a full three deep (15) on scholarship, spread somewhat evenly over all five (redshirt year through fifth year senior) classes is vital for sustaining even a reasonable level of success.

Reaction Score
Bonehead said:
I don't think the FB position is a viable position on this team moving forward. Spread and running QB no need for FB.

Has the coaching staff said that? Because I saw a lot of Clax and Walsh last night.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Has the coaching staff said that? Because I saw a lot of Clax and Walsh last night.
Coach staff says a lot of thbg I can't decipher - my assumption with the 2 QB's of the future.

Reaction Score
In high school Walsh's best asset as a football player was his very high football IQ and a an ability to read the offense from his MLB spot. Playing fullback, these skills were wasted as there were much less reads for him to make. Those skills are what made him an excellent linebacker and will contribute to him having a solid season this year.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
In high school Walsh's best asset as a football player was his very high football IQ and a an ability to read the offense from his MLB spot. Playing fullback, these skills were wasted as there were much less reads for him to make. Those skills are what made him an excellent linebacker and will contribute to him having a solid season this year.

This is a great analysis, I picked up the Lindys preview magazine last night and they have Walsh listed as a "sleeper" at LB for us. Hopefully he can get on the field and make an impact

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I truly believe Walsh can be an impact player this year, he was underused at Fullback and is hungry to make an impact on the field for this team. I was recently hanging out with him and he is the most focused and disciplined that I have ever seen him (This is a kid that used to work out before and after practice in High School while most of his team was at the beach). He is physically and mentally ready to dominate and I look forward to watching him this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom