Porter Moser: He's doing it again. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Porter Moser: He's doing it again.

Reaction Score
Unless he really loves Chicago, it's gonna be $7m/year from Indiana.

A phone call from Mark Cuban would be hard to turn down
Would be a great fit in Bloomington

Reaction Score
Get this man to the Big East. I'll donate 100$ to his salary.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No, Kofi could have dominated. Sanogo didn't. That's the difference.

Sanogo was benched in games he was dominating. You think Hurley is playing a guy who is even less capable of guarding shooters outside against a team like Maryland? You’d have to play a 1 in 4 out zone and Hurley has shown no willingness to do so.

Reaction Score
Can he coach UConn? Two of my players played for coach Moser. He is a stud.
He is a great coach now. Your comment seems like you want Hurley gone. The first 13 years of Moser’s career as a head coach not only did he not get much out of his teams, he was a sub .500 coach. Hurley is way ahead of where Moser was. He’s way over .500 after 11 years and been to multiple NCAA tournaments. Took Moser a really long time to turn the corner. Definitely has it going now at a small school. Will be interesting to see what he can do recruiting and coaching against the big boys night in and night out.

Reaction Score
Sanogo was benched in games he was dominating. You think Hurley is playing a guy who is even less capable of guarding shooters outside against a team like Maryland? You’d have to play a 1 in 4 out zone and Hurley has shown no willingness to do so.
Sanogo didn't sit because he couldn't defend them.

He sat because what he was giving us on offense didn't make up for the liability that he was on defense.

That wouldn't have been true of Kofi.

Reaction Score
Kofi would have been riding the bench like Sanogo last night if he came here. Hurley is unwilling to adjust his preferred style for a player like that.
And keeping him on the floor for Illinois is helping them win the game??? Oh wait..... they lost. Maybe they should criticize the coach for not adjusting his game plan and sitting Kofi. Do you people ever stop complaining. I played high school ball at South Catholic under Joe R. and have a slight clue but i'll gladly defer most things basketball related to people with the last name of Hurley. He's not perfect but he's definitely more knowledgeable about basketball than a bunch of couch potatoes throwing insults on a sports forum. .... Even one named the " boneyard"..... JMHO

Reaction Score
He is a great coach now. Your comment seems like you want Hurley gone. The first 13 years of Moser’s career as a head coach not only did he not get much out of his teams, he was a sub .500 coach. Hurley is way ahead of where Moser was. He’s way over .500 after 11 years and been to multiple NCAA tournaments. Took Moser a really long time to turn the corner. Definitely has it going now at a small school. Will be interesting to see what he can do recruiting and coaching against the big boys night in and night out.
Lmaoooo Moser has brought a team to a final four and now a s16......Hurley has never made it past the round of 32.
Moser would coach circles around Danny and yes- I wish we took a much harder look at Porter Moser and Eric Musselman instead of “respecting the northeast” when we hired Hurley.

Reaction Score
Lmaoooo Moser has brought a team to a final four and now a s16......Hurley has never made it past the round of 32.
Moser would coach circles around Danny and yes- I wish we took a much harder look at Porter Moser and Eric Musselman instead of “respecting the northeast” when we hired Hurley.
Why did you think Illinois was making a deep run in this tournament if you thought so much of Moser?

Reaction Score
DePaul just needs to offer and pay this man while he's hot.

On another note, most times a mid major advances is due to a senior dominant team.

Reaction Score
Why did you think Illinois was making a deep run in this tournament if you thought so much of Moser?
Because Illinois has the best player in the country and an absolute monster big man, with nice additional pieces. Moser’s win just cements my point about him, regardless how I felt about the Illini this year. Moser knows how to win, Hurley, so far, knows how to beat bad teams and then tell reporters that he is “almost there” when we lost to halfway decent teams.
Digressing though. Moser will do great things at Indiana if Belien doesn’t take the job.

Reaction Score
I looked at their roster earlier and he has ten seniors and juniors. Love that he has developed those kids over their time at Loyola. Wonder if he just stuck around to ride this out with them and move on to a place like DePaul or stay at Loyola
Why not move on to a better program and get better pay unless he is happy there, and wants to remain an institution as Ray Meyer was for DePaul for many years.

If so, I would respect him for that. If he wants to prove he can turn around another program, or take over for a successful retiring coach at a BB powerhouse, more power to him.

Good talent and a great coach can take a program far.

Reaction Score
Because Illinois has the best player in the country and an absolute monster big man, with nice additional pieces. Moser’s win just cements my point about him, regardless how I felt about the Illini this year. Moser knows how to win, Hurley, so far, knows how to beat bad teams and then tell reporters that he is “almost there” when we lost to halfway decent teams.
Digressing though. Moser will do great things at Indiana if Belien doesn’t take the job.
I will love to see him in a big conference. It’s much easier to be a big fish in a little pond than competing against the heavy weights every night. He’s been a head coach for 17 years so he seems to have his system down. I get it you don’t like Hurley and want him gone. Go watch Indiana for the next few years with your guy as the head coach. Hurley is ramping this thing up.

Reaction Score
I will love to see him in a big conference. It’s much easier to be a big fish in a little pond than competing against the heavy weights every night. He’s been a head coach for 17 years so he seems to have his system down. I get it you don’t like Hurley and want him gone. Go watch Indiana for the next few years with your guy as the head coach. Hurley is ramping this thing up.
Ramping things up alright....a no show last night against MARK TURGEON with a top 15 draft pick on your side. What will be next year when that top 15 pick is gone?
I don’t hate Hurley. I get the good things he’s done so far. I am just simply saying there were a few possible better options out there than a guy who likes to remind us of how many years he’s been here for every single post game. And one of those guys is on the big stage.....again.

Reaction Score
Gotta imagine Depaul and Marquette give him a call at least.
I can see him taking Marquette, but he's past DePaul's level now. If I were him I'd stay at Loyola and wait for a better job than go to DePaul. That place seems like a dumpster fire right now.

Reaction Score
Ramping things up alright....a no show last night against MARK TURGEON with a top 15 draft pick on your side. What will be next year when that top 15 pick is gone?
I don’t hate Hurley. I get the good things he’s done so far. I am just simply saying there were a few possible better options out there than a guy who likes to remind us of how many years he’s been here for every single post game. And one of those guys is on the big stage.....again.
Our top 15 pick didn’t show up for these postseason games. Was never the same after the full body cramping. Like it or not our offense and this season was built around Bouk. Don’t ask Hurley ask Tim Moore ask Kimani Young. The other kids missed a ton of open shots in those games and it wasn’t enough. I get it - you clearly do not think Hurley is going to do the job here. I do. We will just agree to disagree on that. Oh and the mighty Illini who you had making a deep run in the tournament got beaten earlier this year by.....wait for it, wait for it......MARK TURGEON!

Reaction Score
Why would Moser want the IU job? Even Brad Stevens doesn't want any part of the deluded mentality of Indiana Basketball. Pay the man and he'd do well to build Loyola into a Mid-Major empire.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
And keeping him on the floor for Illinois is helping them win the game??? Oh wait..... they lost. Maybe they should criticize the coach for not adjusting his game plan and sitting Kofi. Do you people ever stop complaining. I played high school ball at South Catholic under Joe R. and have a slight clue but i'll gladly defer most things basketball related to people with the last name of Hurley. He's not perfect but he's definitely more knowledgeable about basketball than a bunch of couch potatoes throwing insults on a sports forum. .... Even one named the " boneyard"..... JMHO

Kofi wasn’t the problem. I don’t get your point. Coaches other than Dan Hurley play zone, and mix zone with man to man, and switch to protect their players from fouling and to keep the opponent off balance. Dan does none of those things. Coaches other than Hurley run a lot of offensive sets we don’t run.

I don't think I know basketball better than he does. Not close. I don’t think any of us here do. But we all see other very good coaches doing things he doesn’t do. I have asked that he do one thing, be more flexible and not so rigidly fixed on playing a certain way. Because all the best coaches do that. I think it’s a valid criticism when he sits his best players rather than adjusting to what they do well and to how the opponent is playing. He has plenty of room to improve as a coach.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Pitino seems to enjoy swimming with the little fish these days. "Nobody looking over my shoulder."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom