OT: - Pop up Death Storms Summer 2017 | The Boneyard

OT: Pop up Death Storms Summer 2017

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Well we went from "30 percent chance of tstorms" to me spending my evening wet vaccing 60 gallons of water from my basement. Anyone else get slaughtered tonight?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Depends upon where you are right now! If you are in Florida and Emily came through your door yes you are wet. If you are in Northern California you are hoping for rain to put out the forest fire. We are lucky enough to live in two places, down Cape and Clearwater, neither are flooded.

Reaction Score
Well we went from "30 percent chance of tstorms" to me spending my evening wet vaccing 60 gallons of water from my basement. Anyone else get slaughtered tonight?

I can't remember who, but someone once said to me in my life, that if weathermen knew what they were talking about, you'd only need to see them once every 7 days.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Depends upon where you are right now! If you are in Florida and Emily came through your door yes you are wet. If you are in Northern California you are hoping for rain to put out the forest fire. We are lucky enough to live in two places, down Cape and Clearwater, neither are flooded.

Clearwater beach is an amazing beach. But, no Boston didn't really get hit that bad.

Reaction Score
I feel your pain. I have been dealing with basement issues for 17 years. I installed a bunch of stuff to deal with it. But nothing is fail safe so I tend to get anxious whenever it gets wet around here. If all you got was 60 gallons, you are lucky. When it gets bad here, my sump pumps out about 10 gallons every 30 seconds for several days.

We got about an inch of rain yesterday when they were predicting a "slight" chance for thunderstorms.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I feel your pain. I have been dealing with basement issues for 17 years. I installed a bunch of stuff to deal with it. But nothing is fail safe so I tend to get anxious whenever it gets wet around here. If all you got was 60 gallons, you are lucky. When it gets bad here, my sump pumps out about 10 gallons every 30 seconds for several days.

We got about an inch of rain yesterday when they were predicting a "slight" chance for thunderstorms.
My problem is a crappy old leaky hatchway bulkhead. Always get a little water in when it rains a lot but yesterday was unbelievable in
Manchester. Legit hurricane level rain. I have 15 ft downspout extensions on all 4 corners and gravel around the bulkhead and in window well but I'm going to have to replace the bulkhead. It is the kinda thing that bugged me at the inspection but my fiancé's "it has hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances!" won out.

Reaction Score
My problem is a crappy old leaky hatchway bulkhead. Always get a little water in when it rains a lot but yesterday was unbelievable in
Manchester. Legit hurricane level rain. I have 15 ft downspout extensions on all 4 corners and gravel around the bulkhead and in window well but I'm going to have to replace the bulkhead. It is the kinda thing that bugged me at the inspection but my fiancé's "it has hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances!" won out.

we have the same issue, how much is it to get a new one installed?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Have a contractor check it out. You may only have to replace the Bilco doors and patch up some concrete. That was our situation and we've been leak-free since.

Reaction Score
There were some dark-ish clouds for a couple hours here in San Diego.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
In Cromwell I lost power for about 1-2 hours. Saw pictures from a friend in Meriden of a flash flood in the street. Said he had to back out slowly to get out of the water and that a co-worker of his had water up to their doors.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Have a contractor check it out. You may only have to replace the Bilco doors and patch up some concrete. That was our situation and we've been leak-free since.
The outer parging is almost completely gone. Hopefully that's all it takes

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

+1

Ugh, found this out after we got a sump pump put in. Could have saved the $$ and just gotten the Bilco sealed.

Reaction Score
We've been hammered with Monsoons almost daily since July
It's Kind of like scattered thunderstorms. Usually at night
We where driving home Tuesday and in a 20 mile stretch we ran into a dust storm
(The worst )
which turned into torrential ran with an awesome lightning display.

The Temp went from 102 to 72 as we pulled into our garage. I don't think we've had a Temp over 105 since June. The Coolest July I've seen.
A Healty Monsoon keeps the temps down. But Flash Flooding is very dangerous. AZHuskiePup was Quading in the Nearby mountain on a trail adjacent to a dry river bed.
With a sudden downpour it became a raging River. They became worried about the trail washing out as they headed for high grounds. Conditions changed in minutes
Just because a River or Creek is Dry it could change in a heatbeat even if the rain was 20 miles upstream. When your River sources are at 5-6 thousand feet and your at 1500 water gets some serious velocity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom