Poor Practice Player Shines During Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poor Practice Player Shines During Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
It's a prediction not a trend. A trend is based on the past.

You have no idea what you are posting about. Just apologize to me and than me for enlightening you.

Its OT on here.

Take it up with NASA. I don't care. You think you know more than them. Fine. Take it up with them.

C

Chief00

It's a new year; don't extrapolate from last season - that would be a mistake, quite frankly.

Reaction Score
Its OT on here.

Take it up with NASA. I don't care. You think you know more than them. Fine. Take it up with them.

You are clueless. I use NASA facts. You use useless predictions. I use actual observations. You use a crystal ball t tell me what will happen in 50 years.

And you don't now the diff.

Reaction Score
Guys arguing post firing or prefiring huskies is like arguing if Roseanne bar or Melissa McCarthy looks better in a thong. Sorry if anyone conjured up images

Reaction Score
It's simple. I am using the NASA numbers of actual measurements.

He is using NASA speculation about 50 years from now.

And he doesn't know the difference. It's frustrating but I'm a teacher at heart.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Guys arguing post firing or prefiring huskies is like arguing if Roseanne bar or Melissa McCarthy looks better in a thong. Sorry if anyone conjured up images

Says the last guy who was pro Pasqualoni.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

And he doesn't know the difference. It's frustrating but I'm a teacher at heart.

If you want to stay off topic let us know when you get the chance take the time to learn the difference between income and wealth.

Reaction Score
If you want to stay off topic let us know when you get the chance take the time to learn the difference between income and wealth.
Bizzarro world alert!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Bizzarro world alert!

LOL I did you a favor by not linking to your foolishness. I give up you are seriously too stupid to engage. But feel free to answer the question how coach's know when to put in players in games who don't perform in practice at some point.

sdhusky

Reaction Score

I don't know who is right - Palatine or NASA.

The NASA scientists undergo years of advanced math studies, peer reviewed papers and rigorous questioning by other scientists.

Palatine watches BOTH Hannity and O'Reilly.

How I am supposed to know whose opinions are right??? They completely contradict each other.

So, I include quotes from both. Every person can figure out who is right. ANd who is a douce&bag. I don't have a dog in this fight.

Reaction Score
I don't know who is right - Palatine or NASA.

The NASA scientists undergo years of advanced math studies, peer reviewed papers and rigorous questioning by other scientists.

Palatine watches BOTH Hannity and O'Reilly.

How I am supposed to know whose opinions are right??? They completely contradict each other.

So, I include quotes from both. Every person can figure out who is right. ANd who is a douce&bag. I don't have a dog in this fight.
If you keep repeating the lie maybe someone will think it's true. You just make up fantasies. Do you believe them?

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler. Why all the hating ? U ok ?

On Pal? It's all in good fun he's nuts.

Mets and I don't even disagree in this thread. SRQ I like to poke fun at his prior love of PP.

So no hating just nobody actually comes up with a reason why CC should have played sooner and that continues to annoy me. I should give up on the idea that people understand context and spots, but people constantly complain about 'names' and then assume that having a big day against RUTGERS means something because they don't realize how bad Rutgers was.

Reaction Score
Well here's what the coach said. Not playing Casey had nothing to do with his weight. It had everything to do with his poor practice play. I can't comment on whether seeing a poor practice player who is also overweight might double the odds against playing in a game, but just as necessity is the mother of invention, the ineffectiveness of Chandler (due to lots of PP/GDL mistakes) and the earlier than ready promotion of Tim (due to lots of PP media announcements) presented Weist with "no other choice". Make no mistake, Casey's performance during the games was a surprise to the coaches. A pleasant one for sure, but nothing he displayed during practice predicted his game performance. So in the end, both Whaler and Pal are accurate in their statements. No coach, barring desperation, would reward poor practice play with a game assignment ---and any coach, expecting a different result while playing the same ineffective player without changing the system around him, is ratifying the textbook definition of insanity.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
If you keep repeating the lie maybe someone will think it's true. You just make up fantasies. Do you believe them?

What is the lie? I just have quotes from both of you. People can decide who to believe. I'm not putting any judgement, just the competing quotes.

Palatine
"Just to be clear, Antarctica is NOT melting, this is according to the evidence from NASA satellites that show Antarctica is actually cooling" -- Palatine

It's simple. I am using the NASA numbers of actual measurements. He is using NASA speculation about 50 years from now.

NASA:
"The southernmost reach of global warming was believed to be limited to this narrow strip of land, while the rest of the continent was presumed to be cooling or stable.

Not so, according to a new analysis involving NASA data. In fact, the study has confirmed a trend suspected by some climate scientists.

"Everyone knows it has been warming on the Antarctic Peninsula, where there are lots of weather stations collecting data," said Eric Steig, a climate researcher at the University of Washington in Seattle, and lead author of the study. "Our analysis told us that it is also warming in West Antarctica."

The finding is the result of a novel combination of historical temperature data from ground-based weather stations and more recent data from satellites. Steig and colleagues used data from each record to fill in gaps in the other and to reconstruct a 50-year history of surface temperatures across Antarctica.

----------------------------------------------
Now, lets consider credentials

Palatine: You already know all about him. Gets confused about the difference between history and speculation about the future (see above quote)

Eric Steig - completed his PhD in Geological Sciences at UW in 1995, was Research Associate at the University of Colorado and Assistant Professor at the University of Pennsylvania before returning to UW in 2001. He directed the Quaternary Research Center from 2008-2013 and Chairs the currentFuture of Ice Initiative. He is the founding co-director of ISOLAB, a state-of-the art isotope geochemistry facility involving research ranging from climate and atmospheric chemistry to geobiology.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yes because making changes really fixed things when Weist took over. They went from run of the mill beatings to not being competitive.

Level of competition played a large role in this. The level of beatings also played a role in TJ not being considered for the job.

Also, while it's possible for a player who does not practice well to excel in games, but what coach would take that approach? Not exactly a high percentage play. Of course in P's case, when the guy playing in the games is a complete train wreck, it's just a dumb to not play someone else.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not claiming that any one of our returning QB's is better or worse than the other two but I would like to point out that a) Whitmer never had the opportunity of operating behind an OL coached by Foley b) Boyle was less than six months removed from HS when (after a close loss to a less than quality USF squad) he had to play at Cincinnati and at UCF back to back weeks before a hone game against (preseason top ten) Louisville.

I'm rooting for Casey (as well as Whitmer and Boyle) and will not have any issues if he ends up being our starting QB for the entire season (in a perfect world Boyle redshirts this upcoming season) with Whitmer as backup (ideally getting 4th quarter action in many blowout wins). I do not believe however that we've seen enough of Cochrane to anoint him the next Joe Namath or Joe Montana.

Reaction Score
This thread. The BY is starting to get in playing shape.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 43
Reaction Score
What is the lie? I just have quotes from both of you. People can decide who to believe. I'm not putting any judgement, just the competing quotes.

Palatine
"Just to be clear, Antarctica is NOT melting, this is according to the evidence from NASA satellites that show Antarctica is actually cooling" -- Palatine

It's simple. I am using the NASA numbers of actual measurements. He is using NASA speculation about 50 years from now.

NASA:
"The southernmost reach of global warming was believed to be limited to this narrow strip of land, while the rest of the continent was presumed to be cooling or stable.

Not so, according to a new analysis involving NASA data. In fact, the study has confirmed a trend suspected by some climate scientists.

"Everyone knows it has been warming on the Antarctic Peninsula, where there are lots of weather stations collecting data," said Eric Steig, a climate researcher at the University of Washington in Seattle, and lead author of the study. "Our analysis told us that it is also warming in West Antarctica."

The finding is the result of a novel combination of historical temperature data from ground-based weather stations and more recent data from satellites. Steig and colleagues used data from each record to fill in gaps in the other and to reconstruct a 50-year history of surface temperatures across Antarctica.

Palatine: You already know all about him. Gets confused about the difference between history and speculation about the future (see above quote)

Eric Steig - completed his PhD in Geological Sciences at UW in 1995, was Research Associate at the University of Colorado and Assistant Professor at the University of Pennsylvania before returning to UW in 2001. He directed the Quaternary Research Center from 2008-2013 and Chairs the currentFuture of Ice Initiative. He is the founding co-director of ISOLAB, a state-of-the art isotope geochemistry facility involving research ranging from climate and atmospheric chemistry to geobiology.

Appealing to authority is not science, it is another way for SDhusky to avoid arguing the actual observed evidence. And Steig, a notorious alarmist. has screwed up his math, it is well documented, he has smeared the peninsula data across the entire continent. He like SDH is arguing the thermometers wrong.

Here's the actual satellite data. I have no doubt you will just deny and lie, but hope springs eternal.

uah_antarctica_temperature_anomalies1.png

C

Chief00

Make no mistake Diaco will judge guys based on practice performance. While true some guys have the El Amin game swagger and maybe that's Casey. For potential it's probably Boyle due to size, arm strength and contrary to what some have posted he runs well but did not have the green light to do that from Coach P & D - hence his hesitation last year to run when pressured.

Reaction Score

Palatine

NASA:

But it seems like Steig might have been at UW at the same time that Emmert was there, so that's a point for Palatine is it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom