PONs for G5 | The Boneyard

PONs for G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I started this feature because there were signs that the team may be so good this year that even the Boneyard might have a hard time finding fault. Lo and behold, a brief review of the site and one link and all my material is being written for me. Hmm. Just wait for the inevitable January lull and this feature probably will no longer be needed. For now, here's what I've managed to plagiarize from various sources.

I wish UConn would be a little more conscientious about the good of the game. Look at how we demolished a ranked team. Nobody wants to see that. Sure, given the competition this year we only win a championship by playing at this level, but that's a poor excuse. Let Baylor and Stanford worry about how they are ruining the game, we could at least do our part by playing a little bit worse. Maybe we should play our underclassmen more. Oh, wait a minute.

There's been concern about who would we turn to for a clutch shot. Obviously, people have not been paying attention to Kerith Burke, who declared that Faris was our clutch three-point shooter. Good Lord! It's problematic enough that she was our best 3-point shooter early on; now we have to rely on her to be our clutch bomber? Well, at least we don't have to rely on underclassmen for clutch shots. Oh, wait a minute.

Why are we giving arguably our best player the most minutes in these blow-outs? You saw what happened with KML during garbage time. She had no business being on the court then. We should have been playing our underclassmen. Oh, wait a minute.

Here's what JA had to say in his recent blog:

"You want something to complain about? I know some of you do? Here’s a nugget for you: the Huskies are 64 of 89 from the foul line. That’s 72 percent and that is not good enough. Dolson, the best free throw shooter on the team is 11 of 15. Bria Hartley is 3 of 8. This simply can’t be allowed to continue!"

Hey, JA! That's my schtick you're muscling in on! Do I need to copyright this feature? My lawyer will be contacting yours. Um, JS, want to be my lawyer? I knew I was sucking up to the moderators for a reason.

What?! They are thinking of giving Auriemma an extension with a pay raise?! All you have to do is read the comments to Altavilla's articles to know what a dumb idea that is! For example, never mind that WCBB makes money for UConn, in general it does not make much money so we shouldn't cloud the issue with the particulars of our own situation.

I must add that I've been truly humbled by just reading the comment section to Altavilla's articles lately. Now those are some prime PONsy folks! Maybe I should just link to their material in the future.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I started this feature because there were signs that the team may be so good this year that even the Boneyard might have a hard time finding fault. Lo and behold, a brief review of the site and one link and all my material is being written for me. Hmm. Just wait for the inevitable January lull and this feature probably will no longer be needed. For now, here's what I've managed to plagiarize from various sources.

I wish UConn would be a little more conscientious about the good of the game. Look at how we demolished a ranked team. Nobody wants to see that. Sure, given the competition this year we only win a championship by playing at this level, but that's a poor excuse. Let Baylor and Stanford worry about how they are ruining the game, we could at least do our part by playing a little bit worse. Maybe we should play our underclassmen more. Oh, wait a minute.

There's been concern about who would we turn to for a clutch shot. Obviously, people have not been paying attention to Kerith Burke, who declared that Faris was our clutch three-point shooter. Good Lord! It's problematic enough that she was our best 3-point shooter early on; now we have to rely on her to be our clutch bomber? Well, at least we don't have to rely on underclassmen for clutch shots. Oh, wait a minute.

Why are we giving arguably our best player the most minutes in these blow-outs? You saw what happened with KML during garbage time. She had no business being on the court then. We should have been playing our underclassmen. Oh, wait a minute.

Here's what JA had to say in his recent blog:

"You want something to complain about? I know some of you do? Here’s a nugget for you: the Huskies are 64 of 89 from the foul line. That’s 72 percent and that is not good enough. Dolson, the best free throw shooter on the team is 11 of 15. Bria Hartley is 3 of 8. This simply can’t be allowed to continue!"

Hey, JA! That's my schtick you're muscling in on! Do I need to copyright this feature? My lawyer will be contacting yours. Um, JS, want to be my lawyer? I knew I was sucking up to the moderators for a reason.

What?! They are thinking of giving Auriemma an extension with a pay raise?! All you have to do is read the comments to Altavilla's articles to know what a dumb idea that is! For example, never mind that WCBB makes money for UConn, in general it does not make much money so we shouldn't cloud the issue with the particulars of our own situation.

I must add that I've been truly humbled by just reading the comment section to Altavilla's articles lately. Now those are some prime PONsy folks! Maybe I should just link to their material in the future.

I admit that I have been reading (as much as I can stand) the comments to the JA blog. My conclusion is that you come across as very unworthy to be posting a PON series unless you step up your game.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I started this feature because there were signs that the team may be so good this year that even the Boneyard might have a hard time finding fault.

Huh? Is that why we have the Boneyard?

I will ask again - what is a "PON"....please?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Huh? Is that why we have the Boneyard?

I will ask again - what is a "PON"....please?
Pointing Out Negatives, it is digger's effort at deep sarcasm to confuse us. It is in contrast to many of his POPs, Pointing Out Positives in the past which were in contrast to the perpetual whiners and the deep flaws of UConn women's basketball.

Reaction Score
PON = Pointing Out Negatives

Dig's feature to provide more "balance" in the face of a preponderant number of positives this year.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You missed a couple digger (and I don't like that name, reminds me of ND). UCONN let Purdue shoot 59% from 3 pt and on top of that, 100% on FTs. This simply will not do.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
You missed a couple digger (and I don't like that name, reminds me of ND). UCONN let Purdue shoot 59% from 3 pt and on top of that, 100% on FTs. This simply will not do.
Yep, our free throw defense sucks.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score

Yeah, I know, I cringe a bit every time I read digger. The ol' unintended consequences bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom