Polley Trolley | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Polley Trolley

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He’s improved his scoring 300% thus far. Is by far our best shooter and is starting to play defense pretty tough despite being undersized. His confidence is sky high right now. Hit 2 huge threes keeping us in striking distance vs Zona. I think he’s only going to get better as the year goes on. I could see him being the Most Improved Player in the AAC by March. Of course that will probably go to Tacko for being able to play more than 5 without taking oxygen.

Reaction Score
Tyler Polley is the third best player on this team... change my mind.

Reaction Score
Fun player who might turn out to be pretty good.

Against tougher competition though - it's been so-so.

He's an important player on this team, but he's not going to be a go-to guy. He's just not capable of being that.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
He does 2 things very well - spot up shooter to space the floor, and running on the fast break.
He does 2 things better than average - playing the passing lanes, and blocking shots with his length and timing.
He does 2 things slightly below average - lateral quickness cutting off drives, and rebounding.
He does 1 thing poorly - bodying up post players.

Fortunately I think the first two outweigh the last due to the team emphasis on running and the desperate need for an outside marksman.

Reaction Score
He's an important player on this team, but he's not going to be a go-to guy. He's just not capable of being that.

I don’t see Polley ever being the go-to guy who can create and make his own shot with seconds counting down in a tie game.

But I do absolutely see him being the dagger. A big time shot maker in big games with the clock winding down. In the style of Giffey. A spot up killer.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I’ll add that for those calling for Sid in place of Polley (@superjohn) Sid looked overmatched and completely lost last night. No one is arguing that Sid is a better athlete, but Kwintin is the most athletic guy on our team and we know how that goes. Sid needs to get better ASAP because as of now he is light years behind Polley on both ends of the court. We’re a better team if they can both be out there and performing at a high level, so I’m hoping Sid starts to surprise us.

Sid hasn't even played 1 full games worth of minutes in his college career. Polley's got a huge advantage there

Reaction Score
Poly Trolley?
Poly Trolley.jpg

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He does 2 things very well - spot up shooter to space the floor, and running on the fast break.
He does 2 things better than average - playing the passing lanes, and blocking shots with his length and timing.
He does 2 things slightly below average - lateral quickness cutting off drives, and rebounding.
He does 1 thing poorly - bodying up post players.

Fortunately I think the first two outweigh the last due to the team emphasis on running and the desperate need for an outside marksman.

Post/Handle

Because those are all top shelf observations in the right order.

You really are Dr. Hoop.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
His comfort level on the offensive end is getting stronger which is great for the psyche and hopefully it grows
My main concern is his defensive skill set is so far. He seems to be very fragile when drawing an assignment of someone who is of similar height, weight and has some ball handling skills His lateral foot speed is lacking
Will he improve this area? I feel he can but needs to work hard in practice on this skill. Maybe going 1 v 1 against Did may help

Reaction Score
Seriously? This is where we're at as Uconn fans? Getting excited over Polley because he had a good game against a 2-6 team from the Patriot league?

Reaction Score
Seriously? This is where we're at as Uconn fans? Getting excited over Polley because he had a good game against a 2-6 team from the Patriot league?
Getting excited about a 6’8 sophomore with the length and touch he has is not beneath us. Should we only acknowledge games against powerhouses? With young guys like Polley it’s the games against lafeyette that build their confidence. You and other posters getting hung up on the opponent is weird to say the least

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
I’ll add that for those calling for Sid in place of Polley (@superjohn) Sid looked overmatched and completely lost last night. No one is arguing that Sid is a better athlete, but Kwintin is the most athletic guy on our team and we know how that goes. Sid needs to get better ASAP because as of now he is light years behind Polley on both ends of the court. We’re a better team if they can both be out there and performing at a high level, so I’m hoping Sid starts to surprise us.

No doubt.. Sid had the misfortune of coming in mid-season so it's on him to get up to speed, stop being tentative, and earn the trust of his teammates & coach... That said, from what i've seen so far he has the ability to create his own shot which puts him in a group with only JA (TS to a minor extent).. To have a wing that can create on 2-3 dribbles would dramatically help out JA & make us less reliant on needing to shoot the 3 >40% to win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom