Polley Trolley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Polley Trolley

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’ll add that for those calling for Sid in place of Polley (@superjohn) Sid looked overmatched and completely lost last night. No one is arguing that Sid is a better athlete, but Kwintin is the most athletic guy on our team and we know how that goes. Sid needs to get better ASAP because as of now he is light years behind Polley on both ends of the court. We’re a better team if they can both be out there and performing at a high level, so I’m hoping Sid starts to surprise us.

There is no reason the 2 can’t play together.

Playing Sid at the 4 is a real stretch physically. He’s a 3.

Reaction Score
There’s no way Sid is a 4 star at his body mass and strength. Not a great shooter either. But potential to help the team with our current personnel, yes.

Reaction Score
Understand the discussion was 4 vs 3 position wise which is overstated because Hurley plays 4 guards at times but Against a big lineup it wouldn’t be Sid plus 1 other big.

Reaction Score
There’s no way Sid is a 4 star at his body mass and strength. Not a great shooter either. But potential to help the team with our current personnel, yes.
I would argue Sid looks exactly like what his ranking suggests he would be. He's got the potential to be a very good player as he is a very good athlete and has a decent stroke. He is nowhere near what a pro looks like at this point or ready to be a college star from day one like most 5 stars but he definitely is worthy of a four star ranking. A lot of the posters here had precious achiuwa sized expectations for a 75 ranked recruit which was nuts

Reaction Score
I would argue Sid looks exactly like what his ranking suggests he would be. He's got the potential to be a very good player as he is a very good athlete and has a decent stroke. He is nowhere near what a pro looks like at this point or ready to be a college star from day one like most 5 stars but he definitely is worthy of a four star ranking. A lot of the posters here had precious achiuwa sized expectations for a 75 ranked recruit which was nuts

I knew Sid was going to look so-so. But you don't usually expect top 100 recruit to be as ineffective and lost as Sid. I keep reminding myself that he's a freshman... But he doesn't even look like he's TRYING sometimes. It's hard to teach that.

Reaction Score
I’ll add that for those calling for Sid in place of Polley (@superjohn) Sid looked overmatched and completely lost last night. No one is arguing that Sid is a better athlete, but Kwintin is the most athletic guy on our team and we know how that goes. Sid needs to get better ASAP because as of now he is light years behind Polley on both ends of the court. We’re a better team if they can both be out there and performing at a high level, so I’m hoping Sid starts to surprise us.
We need Sid and Polley to both be able to play on the court at the same time. Hopefully by the conference tournament we can be trotting out a lineup of Gilbert/Adams/Wilson/Polley/Cobb

Reaction Score
I knew Sid was going to look so-so. But you don't usually expect top 100 recruit to be as ineffective and lost as Sid. I keep reminding myself that he's a freshman... But he doesn't even look like he's TRYING sometimes. It's hard to teach that.
With athletic kids I always wonder if it's less of a hustle issue and more of an "I don't know where I'm supposed to be" issue

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
With athletic kids I always wonder if it's less of a hustle issue and more of an "I don't know where I'm supposed to be" issue

This, 100%. Last year's team looked like they weren't trying, and then all of a sudden this year everyone knows where they need to be and what they need to do and they're moving so much faster. COnfidence will do that to you.

There was at least one play last night where Sid went the wrong way on offense that lead to a turnover. Tarin Smith had the ball on the wing and Sid was near the baseline, just inside the 3 point line in the corner. Instead of kicking out to the corner where he would've had a wide open 3, he tried driving for the basket where he would have been covered, and Tarin passed the ball to the corner. Once Sid gets acclimated to the offense he'll look a million times better.

Reaction Score
"We better hope..."?
Oh please...
I'd love for Akok to be the addition we hope for, but the tone of necessity in a post lauding a noticeably improving Polley verges on silly.
"verges"?? Stop being nice, it IS silly.

Reaction Score
Looks like Polley is going to be hearing about that Iowa game for a long time. Even though Cook dropped 15 pts and 8 rebs on Michigan St, and 19 pts and 15 rebs on Wisconsin.

Polley is only a sophomore.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Everyone get on board now, Polley is getting better every game. Hop on board the Polley Trolley because it’s leaving the station with or without the doubters!

are there any doubters out there still?

PS: after reading the thread, I see there are still doubters. Some people seek out the worst in every moment, others seek the best. The truth usually resides in the middle, but you live a much happier life being an optimist than you do being a Debbie Downer

Reaction Score
We need Sid and Polley to both be able to play on the court at the same time. Hopefully by the conference tournament we can be trotting out a lineup of Gilbert/Adams/Wilson/Polley/Cobb

That’s why I specifically said in my post “we’re a better team if they can both be out there”

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Akok aside, I'm looking forward to Polley & Wilson stretching our game on the offensive end. Two tall wings that can stick the three, along with two guards like Adams and Gilbert, and that's some incredible potential.

If Akok can fill in and help, all the better

Reaction Score
You're not off to a good start here, this is now the second time you've completely made up stuff I've said. I never said Sid in place of Polley. I never said Jalen sucks in big games. Please stop lying about me.

Reaction Score
Polley has a beautiful stroke and is coming along nicely for early in his sophomore year.

Sid has a very flat jumper from what I can see in TV and a ton of athletic abilities but his drive is my question. His body language is very poor

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I mentioned it on another thread but he should watch a lot of Otto Porter Jr. film. Not saying he’s on that level but that’s a good ceiling/ goal to aim for.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Polley has a beautiful stroke and is coming along nicely for early in his sophomore year.

Sid has a very flat jumper from what I can see in TV and a ton of athletic abilities but his drive is my question. His body language is very poor

Sid drifting around the court on offense and defense last night looked like how our entire team played the last 2 seasons. Don't know if these are habits he picked up last year or if they go back farther with him, but he needs to play with more energy and conviction if he wants to make a dent in the rotation.

Multiple times last night he set a screen, rolled to the hole and when he didn't get the ball he retreated to the corner with his head down. He constantly just watched the ball from the floor while defenders when around him for rebounds on the offensive end. I think he looked worse last night than he did his first game when he got stuffed by the rim.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be awesome if Wilson got his handle, his D, and his shot to the point that he could play a little 2, mostly 3, and a little 4 if necessary? That's giving you the option of "going big" and we already know how to "go small."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom