Polley knee issue? | The Boneyard

Polley knee issue?

Reaction Score
Apparently happened during the PC game. Can’t be anything major.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Same knee as the ACL? Can an injury like this be irritated to the point where the ACL can tear again?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Quotes are from Hurley's pre-game media availability. Sounded like Polley will play and everyone else is a go (first minute of this).

at 9:19:
'i think that we're too reliant on technology nowadays to begin with... i'll roll with human error.' his reponse to a question on whether a committee, or a computer ranking, should determine dance invites.
how can anybody not like this guy? 'the world according to dan.' big fun.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
at 9:19:
'i think that we're too reliant on technology nowadays to begin with... i'll roll with human error.' his reponse to a question on whether a committee, or a computer ranking, should determine dance invites.
how can anybody not like this guy? 'the world according to dan.' big fun.
Much better pregame Hurley game video than the previous recent ones. He seemed confident and smiled multiple times. Not having to answer when is Bouk back questions helps.

Reaction Score
Glad to hear the comments about being careful with over-helping and leaving guys open and needing to be able to play straight up defense. Somewhat recently I feel like they were developing a tendency to over-help, ineffectively so, and teams were shredding the defense at times. Can't give Villanova open looks from three; guys are going to have to be able to stay in front of their man without fouling.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This team is going to come out swinging.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Glad to hear the comments about being careful with over-helping and leaving guys open and needing to be able to play straight up defense. Somewhat recently I feel like they were developing a tendency to over-help, ineffectively so, and teams were shredding the defense at times. Can't give Villanova open looks from three; guys are going to have to be able to stay in front of their man without fouling.
Sanogo in particular has a tendency to get a long step (sometimes two) beyond his ability to recover when he helps on the perimeter. Whaley on the other hand rarely gets quite as far away from the paint when he helps, and is much quicker afoot when getting back. Josh's lack of footspeed is such that he should never be more than one step from the hoop.

Reaction Score
Much better pregame Hurley game video than the previous recent ones. He seemed confident and smiled multiple times. Not having to answer when is Bouk back questions helps.
He did seem confident.

He doesn't want to overstate his optimism about the present and future state of the program. But, his body language showed he has confidence that the program is on the upswing, and we have not yet seen the best to come.

Reaction Score
Sanogo in particular has a tendency to get a long step (sometimes two) beyond his ability to recover when he helps on the perimeter. Whaley on the other hand rarely gets quite as far away from the paint when he helps, and is much quicker afoot when getting back. Josh's lack of footspeed is such that he should never be more than one step from the hoop.

This for sure. Sanogos defense has improved and he has really goof feet for his size. But as Rich says here he hurts himself and the team by staying one or 2 steps too long on the hedge hence not getting back on time. Really needs to stay away form that today if he wants minutes.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Polley wanna knee brace?

Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!1

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members