Poll - You're a WNBA GM Diamond Deshields or Kelsey Mitchell | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Poll - You're a WNBA GM Diamond Deshields or Kelsey Mitchell

WNBA GM Who Do you PIck Diamond or Kelsey.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
How does Mitchell's volume shooting and different from Simmons?
I do think Diamond has more potential.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
How does Mitchell's volume shooting and different from Simmons?
I do think Diamond has more potential.

Simmons was not the focal point of anything at Tenn so why are you even comparing them. Potential shmotential haven't seen any of that argument for 6 years.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Have to admit, I'm surprised at the poll results so far. I expected Kelsey Mitchel to be the preferred player, but not by the margin that she is winning by.

Some have said that Kelsey makes the players on her team better while Diamond doesn't. I disagree as I see Diamond attempting to get other players involved and so many times it results in a TO credited to Diamond when the other player was the fault.. IMO Diamond due to injuries and her effort to get her teammates involved has sacrificed her game. She could be averaging more points per game. Diamond does show her emotions more so then Kelsey, but I wonder if that's just her personality. IMO it can't be argued that Diamond doesn't want to win and that seems to be most of her frustrations by her failures to produce or her teammates not working as hard as she seems to think they should be. Put a healthy Diamond on Ohio State they just might be a better team as there would be more balanced scoring.
At UNC with a lot of very good players around her she shot the highest number of twos and threes on that team by a WIDE margin while hitting them at the lowest percentage by a wide margin of any of the main players on that team - OK freshman trying to do too much or whatever. On TN in 2015-16 two years later she shot 499 times - the next highest player shot 317 times - on threes 145, the next highest took 96 - and her percentages ... .391 and .248 - the team shot .408/.254 which is pretty pathetic, but Diamond and her backcourt mate Te'a dragged those percentage a lot lower than they should have been.
Not sure what it would look like if Diamond decided to be more selfish and take more shots. Last year she took 23% of the shots while playing while playing 13% of the total minutes.
Kelsey Mitchell actually takes a higher percentage of her teams shots while playing a higher percentage of minutes 28%/18% but she also scores a higher percentage of her teams points 30% to 21% and more efficiently than the rest of her team.
Diamond scored 1.03 points per shot while her team scored 1.08
Kelsey scored 1.42 points per shot while her team was scoring 1.29
Those are significant differences.

Reaction Score
Kelsey Mitchell's DoB is September 17, 1994. She is eligible for the WNBA draft in 2017, as is Mercedes Russell, Kayla Davis, & Stefanie Mavunga.
I betting that Mitchell goes to WNBA.
I was just going to post this. Sort of the Jewell Loyd scenario.
Mystics can draft KMitch and sign EDD as a restricted FA. The Mystics fans can finally have something to cheer for after 20+ years of bad basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom