Poll: Your most hated team... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll: Your most hated team...

What league is home to your most hated team of all time?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

t-gal

T for Trouble
Reaction Score
Hate is a very strong word, but I can honestly say I H-A-T-E the NFL choke-land raiders and most of their thug-a-licious fans.

Reaction Score
I am sort of dating myself, I really do not watch sports anymore except for UConn WBB and NASCAR
But in the 70's and 80's and 90's I did not like:
MLB: Yankees
NFL : Jets
NBA: Lalers
NHL: Islanders
Single Sport Athlete: John McEnroe
Other: Russian Olympic Teams
MCBB: Duke
As an adult:
WCBB: Ten (Thats as far as I can get spelling that word)
NASCAR: I don't really dislike anyone anymore. The man I boo'd the most is gone now.
Much respect for what they put on the line for my enjoyment.

Reaction Score
Top 2 are easy:
Red Sox
Tennessee WCBB

A step below,
Duke MCBB (thanks to DSPN and Dukie Vitale)
Rutgers WCBB
Any of the Florida CFBB teams
LA Lakers
on edit, how could I forget the Dallas Cowgirls???

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
How many Husky fans come from broken homes?

My mother, father and I are Red Sox fans my two youngest brothers sadly strayed and lost their souls becoming Yankee fans. We pray for them daily and are still trying to save the grand kids. So far about half have seen the light.

Reaction Score
Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, and everything Tennessee! I guess when you come down to it I really don't hate the team just there obnoxious and very nasty posters.

Reaction Score

My mother, father and I are Red Sox fans my two youngest brothers sadly strayed and lost their souls becoming Yankee fans. We pray for them daily and are still trying to save the grand kids. So far about half have seen the light.

I too am a product of a mixed marriage. Maternal side = Red Sox fans. Paternal side = Mets fans.

Made the 1986 World Series VERY interesting . . . :)

Reaction Score
In the NBA, it's easily the Miami Heat and the Los Angeles Lakers, in baseball it's the Boston Red Stockings (most hated) and the Phillies, while in college football it's all the Florida teams (FSU, Florida, Miami) along with Ohio State, Texas, USC, Michigan and Penn State. In hockey its Pittsburgh but mostly the Bruins and in the NFL Pittsburgh though Miami and the Giants are very close, with the Giants winning two Super Bowls when they struggled to even get in the playoffs. Tennis is Nadal and in woman's college basketball there is Tennessee (obviously) along with Rutgers and Baylor. On the men's side there's Duke, Duke, Duke along with Texas, North Carolina, Kentucky (now), Ohio State, Pitt, Syracuse and UCLA. The deepest hatred is for the Steelers, women Vols, Duke men, Lakers and right at the top, the BoSox.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Not as many RU wbb on these list, to my surprise. As for me, it has to be Tennessee, because I hold a grudge and I still can't get over the whole clock thing, and I'm tired of losing to them.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
What did my Huskers do to earn your "disapproval"?
How about pretending to be a beacon of class when in fact they won by running an asylum full of steroid using, women beating, partial qualifying functional illiterates who then blamed Texas for all their problems as they started to come unravelled?

I'm overstating the case for dramatic effect, obviously, but there's a basis for everything I said. Never cared for the Husker program. Nice fans though. :)

Reaction Score
How about pretending to be a beacon of class when in fact they won by running an asylum full of steroid using, women beating, partial qualifying functional illiterates who then blamed Texas for all their problems as they started to come unravelled?

I'm overstating the case for dramatic effect, obviously, but there's a basis for everything I said. Never cared for the Husker program. Nice fans though. :)
So, in other words, you hate all major D1 football programs, just Nebraska a wee bit more?

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score

Husband's family is broken. He and his dad are Yankees fans. Most of his mom's side are Red Sox fans. And for some reason that no one understands, his paternal grandparents are Mets fans. :p

Then, of course, B is REALLY growing up in a broken home. Bulls vs. Pistons, Yankees vs. Tigers, Giants AND Patriots vs. Lions (I'm a true fan--I love them even when they suck), and heaven help me when Michigan and UConn play each other (except in WBB--that's UConn hands-down) and I'm wearing gear from both schools and am cheering on both. I end up hoping each wins and then instead of being happy, I'm just sad for whomever loses. It, um, gets pretty ugly.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It is possible to finds points of compromise. My parents and my brothers have been able to agree on the Mets as neutral ground.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
I know, right? I'm a Michigan fan living about 45 minutes from Iowa City. When people give me crap, I remind them that we have common ground--we all hate Ohio State. :D

Reaction Score
1 MLB - Yankees
2 NCAA Men - Dook
3 NCAA Football - Florida - started with Spurrier and I've decided to continue to dislike them on an ongoing basis
4 NFL - Cowboys - Dook aspires to having a bandwagon like the Cowboys
5 Front-running fans - < Start Rant>If you're a fan of the Lakers, Cowboys and Yankees , consider yourself in this category. Though most Cowboy fans are probably Patriot fans by now. The Laker fans are probably torn between OKC and Miami at this point. The Yankees never go long enough to really unload the wagon. <End Rant>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom